OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Feature Requests

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 10  [ 99 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 510 »
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Feature Requests
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:08 pm

dtsakiris wrote:
- "Pause at T/D" option also available en route
I'd like to be able to configure Pause settings during flight, too ... but I'm not sure how this should look in the UI. Do you have an idea?
dtsakiris wrote:
- Save game on demand, not only upon a sim crash
Already on the list as "allow resume without killing PF3".
dtsakiris wrote:
- Ability to use COM 2, maybe even parallel to COM 1, e.g. to listen to ATIS
You can switch to COM 2 in settings, but not during the game. But that's on the wish list as "use currently active COM".
dtsakiris wrote:
And for me personally, this is the most important one: An option to mute voice output when in VC mode 0 and 1. That way, using voice recognition software like MCE, I could talk to ATC myself in those modes, and then hand over to the FO.
Already on the list as "make PTT button mute pilot voice".

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:39 pm

dtsakiris wrote: *  Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:49 am
ThomasAH wrote:
dtsakiris wrote:
- "Pause at T/D" option also available en route
I'd like to be able to configure Pause settings during flight, too ... but I'm not sure how this should look in the UI. Do you have an idea?
I was thinking of a simple check box...? Maybe supplemented by a hot key...
Ah, I assumed this to be two entries for the wish list:
1. Pause on T/D
2. Allow activating the features for pause on T/D or FAF or ... during the flight (en route).

Added as "Pause at this distance from the T/D", here's the full text:
ThomasAH wrote:
Allow to configure "Pause at this distance from the T/D" configurable the same way as the already existing "Pause at this distance from the FAF/Rwy/Airport".
Or if PF3 does not know the distance beforehand, allow Pause when the first call to descend happens.

This might be nice for VCP mode #3 with aircraft not having auto throttle, because in this case the aircraft might speed up too much during descent.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:33 am

I'm not sure if this is possible to be added, it would be good to be able to switch on/off the star arrival function during flight. I realised a couple of times. I had forgotten to uncheck the star option and was give the standard cleared to command from ATC rather than the Vectors I had wanted.

Just an idea :)

Rob

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:50 am

It would be nice if PF3 could take into account the entered approach speed and tighten things up if the speeds are lower. That way, the vectored portion of the approach wouldn't take that long :)

Profile Quote
voju24
Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Hey all,

First of all Thank you for the quick new 3.4.0 Update!
Now there's one thing I consider a step back. The new VFR ceiling altitude. I know somebody mentioned that changes to the VFR ceiling altitude were discussed in the Beta Forum.
I disagree with the reasoning, because VFR flights are allowed in Controlled airspace such as Center. (See also here for some other discussion about maximum altitude: https://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/65 ... vfr?page=1)

Generally, I find IFR with PF3 very realistic but VFR still has quite a bit of potential. I understand that IFR is what the majority of users care about most. The ideal solution would be actually reading the airspace definitions from FS (I wrote a plugin that announces the airspace I enter) and providing mandatory control vs. optional flight following vs. nothing based on that. But this would probably take as much effort as implementing terrain-aware vectoring.

My feature requests would be to: A) either remove the ceiling alt completely or give the option to fix the VFR ceiling alt to something else than Center frequency.
B) Have an option to declare some waypoints as "Controlled". This would mean you have to contact ATC before passing them and they give you a squawk and "clear you into the airspace". Once you arrive at the first uncontrolled wpt after the beginning of Controlled, they release you again ("you are leaving" or "squawk vfr") and you can fly on your own again or request flight following. Ideally, one could have an arbitrary sequence of controlled and uncontrolled points.

Then way lower on the priority list C) An option to cancel flight following.

I think something along the lines of request B) would be a significant improvement to the VFR experience with PF3. But maybe I'm the only one ...

Thank you for all the work Dave and the Testers, because it cannot be said enough!

Best,

David

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:52 am

I don't know if has been already mentioned, but with nicely working weather radars being available for a while now, a feature I'd love to see is the ability to request a deviation (lateral, not vertical) due to weather.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 am
Site Admin

PF3 already supports 'Request direct to...' a waypoint in your flight plan

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am

dmarch wrote: *  Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:39 am
PF3 already supports 'Request direct to...' a waypoint in your flight plan
Roger, but I don't think that will help if I want to temporarily divert from the filed plan to fly around bad weather.

But on that subject: I would be cool if PF3 were to issue directs by itself, maybe when traffic is thin. Just a suggestion, for when the really important stuff is done ;)

Profile Quote
PierreNantel
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 am

I just spend a week flying with PF3 what a charm, very good ATC software. I am glad I tried it. The only new feature I would like to see is an option to deviate due to weather. The 'direct to' option doesn't always do the trick, you are still having to fly in the storm. If we could have a parallel flight option from the flight plan, say we could follow the fly plan on a 30 nm on the right or the left to avoid a storm. That would be very nice.

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z690-A | Intel I9-13900K 3.7 GHz | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | RTX 4090 | Win 11 | Prepar3D v5.3 & MSFS| AS & ASCA | Aerosoft Airbus series | PMDG 777 & 747 | PF3 | MCE | GSX

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Been using PF3 for a couple of years now after several years of using Radar Contact and there a few feature requests/improvements I would like to put forward for consideration.

Being able to configure % probability of being required to deviate from flight plan during climb and descent to simulate traffic congestion (Not during cruise phase though).

For me the Holding process in PF3 is a little too staged managed in that it is you the pilot who specifies where in the plan the hold is going to be. I think it would be better if you set the % probability of a hold (0% means no hold) and PF3 chooses where the hold takes place. And perhaps the addition of a hold for weather option.

Being able request fly Direct to specific waypoint in plan. To work the same way as Warp to waypoint works but you have to fly towards it rather be positioned at it.

I would like to be able to request vectors to landing runway even after the last waypoint on the plan.

Being able to respond to ATC instruction with :- Unable

These are nice to have enhancements for me but in any case PF3 is still 1 of 3 must have products on my list

Thanks

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 10  [ 99 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 510 »
Jump to: