OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Handed over to departure from a centre at cruise over Russia

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
cragdrummer
Post subject: Handed over to departure from a centre at cruise over Russia
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:33 am

Hi this is my first post on this forum. I have been using PF3 for a couple of months now and really happy with it. Although I have encountered some minor problems with it, which have mostly been down to user error, yesterday whilst flying Madrid-Tokyo, I encountered a weird issue. ATC handed me over to various centres enroute as normal (Madrid, Bordeaux, Maastricht, Amsterdam, Copenhagen etc) and I use FO mode to handle the comms. When I was somewhere over northern Russia, I contacted ATC to request higher alt for a step climb, and I noted that the voice was saying "departure, speedbird 9124...." I thought nothing of it at first until my next step climb, "departure speedbird 9124..." I thought I was maybe in an area without a centre so carried on as normal, but when I entered Japanese airspace there was no hand over. I requested descents which the departure controller handled fine except never gave me altimeters below 18000. To see what would happen I tryed to use hotkey 1 to request a cleared to finals, got nothing so I used hotkey 7, to be told I was off course. I stayed with departure right through to final at Hanada without being transferred to approach or tower and effectively landed with no ATC. Not really sure what happened or even when as the FO handles the comms so I may have missed something? Anyway would be interesting to know for future flights to see if I missed something when setting the flight up? If someone could take a look that would be great
Many thanks and Merry Christmas :)

Cheers

Craig

Attachments
log files.zip
Logs for this flight
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 418 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: