OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Traffic pile up

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Traffic pile up
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:46 pm

One's heart sinks when one arrives at a runway to see this! I noticed the 747 in the distance when I was at the gate - it had not been cleared for take off by the time I got to the runway and the two aircraft behind it have piled into one another behind it, on the runway, to boot!. FS9 shouldn't do this, should it. Doubtless not a PF3 issue, but any ideas how this could happen?

Attachments
[ attachment ]
LSGG.jpg (156.95 KiB) Viewed 2973 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Traffic pile up
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:37 pm

That's almost certainly an afcad error.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 pm

I thought so too, but didn't see any issues (I'll have a more detailed look). That said, a faulty AFCAD could be responsible for traffic not taking off, I agree, but would not explain AI traffic doubling up like that (at least nothing I know about AFCAD files would account for that particular problem).

Thanks.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:46 am

martinlest wrote:
I thought so too, but didn't see any issues (I'll have a more detailed look). That said, a faulty AFCAD could be responsible for traffic not taking off, I agree, but would not explain AI traffic doubling up like that (at least nothing I know about AFCAD files would account for that particular problem).

Thanks.
If you have duplicate afcads then certainly the AI would mess up. Also I remember the last afcad we discussed on this forum was an absolute mess. It was once thought to make an afcad that routes AI both to and from the ramps. However, in practice this doesn't work well especially if the airport is busy and could certainly affect programmes that give taxi directions like PF3 and AI controller.

Your image suggests that the taxiway is part of the runway. So the wrong links have been drawn. Or it overlays a duplicate afcad with slightly different positions.

It's much the same effect when you see videos of vatsim where people have different sceneries and end up appearing to land on the grass or park inside the terminal. It could just be that your scenery doesn't match the afcad.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I can trace only one AFCAD for the airport, apart from the default AP file. AFCAD2 finds no other and a search of my whole FS9 folder for LSGG or Geneva finds nothing either. ScanAFD never finds half my AFCADs anyway, so that doesn't help. I doubt there is a duplicate active anywhere.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:55 pm

martinlest wrote:
I can trace only one AFCAD for the airport, apart from the default AP file. AFCAD2 finds no other and a search of my whole FS9 folder for LSGG or Geneva finds nothing either. ScanAFD never finds half my AFCADs anyway, so that doesn't help. I doubt there is a duplicate active anywhere.
Quite often they are part and parcel of the airport scenery bgl file. In any case the problem is with either your scenery or afcad or both.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:40 pm

The scenery comes with its own AF2_ file - so I don't think that AFCAD data would also be in any of the other bgl files, but I will double check that just in case. Thanks.

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:31 am

Just to ask, do you run a AI package? Something like Mytraffic 6 or similar?

I ask as I had issues where the scenery .bgl in my traffic program conflicted with the scenery ones. I had to turn my traffic .bgls off for the affected airports and then it went back to normal and no more traffic issues.

I thought it might be worth a mention

Rob

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:20 am

Yes, thanks - I will check on that.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: