OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

X-plane ATC

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
anubhav100
Post subject: X-plane ATC
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:30 am

Can PF3 simulate atc chatter with AI traffic in X-plane just like it does for FSX? I know it can't control AI but I remember it would be able to "fake" ATC chatter seeing the AI traffic's movements.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: X-plane ATC
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:35 am
Site Admin

I'm afraid I'll have to let an X-Plane user answer that one. I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work but I don't have X-Plane... hopefully someone who does may be along shortly to give you a definitive answer

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
lennard78
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:12 pm

At least in my setup, with XP11, I seem to be alone in the skies; no radio chatter except comms with my own plane.

Profile Quote
BobFS88
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:14 am

Hi

In my setup I have WT3 for my traffic.
In order to get PF3 to recognize AI traffic in Xplane.

First go the Xplane menu
1) Select Flight
2) Flight Configuration
3) Midway toward the top, you will see AI Aircraft and select.

4) You want to add the aircraft from a list of aircraft, in the case of WT3 find the one that said AIplane.
5) Then select done.

I have about 19 AI planes in the setup. They are all the same because WT3 takes over the use of the Al aircraft.

When you fly you will see the air traffic on your radar and you will alert you. You will hear communication to and from the AI Aircraft when you are in the air.

They only thing I have not figure out, is why you don't hear an chatter on the ground.

Hope this helps

Bob

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Quote:
You want to add the aircraft from a list of aircraft, in the case of WT3 find the one that said AIplane.
My drop-down box only shows Laminar aircraft. How do you get to WT3 (which I have installed, of course)?

Profile Quote
BobFS88
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:02 pm

martinlest wrote: *  Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:28 pm
Quote:
You want to add the aircraft from a list of aircraft, in the case of WT3 find the one that said AIplane.
My drop-down box only shows Laminar aircraft. How do you get to WT3 (which I have installed, of course)?
martinlest

I am sorry it has taken this long to respond to this post. I just saw the email that notified me of your reply. Again sorry for the slow responds.

It should be a check box "Show aircraft with out AI support" If that is check it should show all other aircraft that is loaded in the sim.
Look AIplane which will be the "other" category.
Other planes will have next to it, Laminar Research, Flight Factor or whatever brand that it was made from.
You don't want any of them.

You want only AIplane that is associated with "other"

Hope this helps

Bob

Profile Quote
Starrfoxx
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:18 am

Does this actually work? I didn't think the program would be able to see AI Traffic in X-Plane, because it's handled differently than FSX. I'm still using PFE with FS9 and FSX, but I'm also able to use it with XP11 with that nifty plug-in utility. (Thank goodness, because the default ATC is awful.)

I do have World Traffic 3, but everything is quiet unless ATC is talking to me directly.

There is a wonderful program that I stumbled across called X-ATC-Chatter, which plays sound files collected from liveatc.net. What's nice is that they are organized by the type of radio signal they would be on (tower, ground, center, etc.). So whenever you change your radio from Ground to Tower, you'll hear real chatter that was taking place on a tower frequency. Although it fills in all of those gaps of silence when flying, neither program is aware of each other so they will at times chatter at the same time. I find it to be a happy compromise.

The ATC chatter is interesting. I hear a lot of stuff that had me asking why certain, un-related conversations were on certain frequencies. It sure added a whole new feel to my flights, that's for sure!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:55 pm

Quote:
I am sorry it has taken this long to respond to this post. I just saw the email that notified me of your reply. Again sorry for the slow responds.
Not to worry at all! Happens to all of us...
Quote:
There is a wonderful program that I stumbled across called X-ATC-Chatter
Sounds very interesting (no pun intended). I am going to find it (hopefully!) and give it try..

Profile Quote
Starrfoxx
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 am

BobFS88 wrote: *  Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:02 pm
It should be a check box "Show aircraft with out AI support" If that is check it should show all other aircraft that is loaded in the sim.
Look AIplane which will be the "other" category.
Other planes will have next to it, Laminar Research, Flight Factor or whatever brand that it was made from.
You don't want any of them.

You want only AIplane that is associated with "other"
So, I just did a flight in XP11. I found exactly what you were referring to. There are a couple listed under "Other". One of them was "World Traffic" and the other was "C150". I just added the "World Traffic". PFE didn't see them, though. I heard no chatter coming from them. Now maybe it's because I'm using ProFlight Emulator and not ProFlight 3, but I figured both were ultimately the same. There was definitely AI Traffic, though. I was flying outside of Chicago, and there were planes everywhere. I was going to smaller airports, but the radar showed them all over the place outside of that - especially around of O'Hare, as you would expect.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: