OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Captioning and Remote Text

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Hangar24
Post subject: Captioning and Remote Text
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm using the evaluation version of PF3 on a remote machine with WideFS. Being severely hearing impaired, I use the closed caption option. I find that using the remote text widow the captioning is over written so fast that I can not read it. Is there a way to scroll the text rather than have it overwritten in this remote text window?

If I open the Say Again ATC log it stops adding text after 10 entries. Can you make that text scroll so it will continue to add ATC log entries? Is there a way to open/close the ATC log without actually using the command for Say Again? Need a button or something.

It seems cumbersome to have duplicate windows open on the remote machine just trying to capture the communication between pilot and ATC. Neither window seems to be doing a very good job. Can't you just scroll the text instead of overwriting it?

Do you have a better way or suggestion for me? Thank you.

Jim

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Captioning and Remote Text
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:48 am
Site Admin

Quote:
If I open the Say Again ATC log it stops adding text after 10 entries. Can you make that text scroll so it will continue to add ATC log entries? Is there a way to open/close the ATC log without actually using the command for Say Again? Need a button or something.
That particular problem was corrected in version 3.1.18 so you are obviously running an old and unsupported version of PF3... please use the 'check for updates' option.
Quote:
Is there a way to open/close the ATC log without actually using the command for Say Again? Need a button or something.
Yes, go to Options #2 then select Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks. Under the section ATC Log / Say Again just select the 'Show Log on Connect'

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Hangar24
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:52 pm

Thank you for responding Dave. I'm running the Demo version of PF3 so updates are not available. Good to know it works as expected.

One more pre-purchase question. Is there a way to delay the communication response by a few seconds? I would like about 5 or 6 seconds between controller and pilot responses, a slight delay.

Jim

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:53 pm

dmarch wrote:
That particular problem was corrected in version 3.1.18 so you are obviously running an old and unsupported version of PF3... please use the 'check for updates' option.
I think the demo version has not been updated with this fix, only the purchased version.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Hangar24 wrote:

One more pre-purchase question. Is there a way to delay the communication response by a few seconds? I would like about 5 or 6 seconds between controller and pilot responses, a slight delay.
Why would you want that? Five or six seconds is much more than a slight delay and not realistic. Aircrew are required to maintain a "listening watch" and therefore respond to ATC almost immediately. It would be rare for such a delay to a response. You might on ocassion get it over the ocean for example.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Hangar24
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:06 pm

I don't think a slight delay is unrealistic. Aviate, navigate, then communicate. Just want time to read what's being said as I'm hearing impaired. I fly GA.

Is there anything in the ini file to adjust the time between ATC and pilot response?

Jim

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: