OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No sound from Remote PC (WideFS) -

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Mike T
Post subject: No sound from Remote PC (WideFS) -
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:55 pm

Scenario: FSX:SE PC + Remote PC running Wide FS, AS 2016, PF3. Both PCs running Windows 10. Access to remote PC via Microsoft Remote Desktop which delivers sound from the remote PC. I hear sound from AS 2016 (thunder on startup) and I hear the sample pilot voices from PF3 all on the remote PC. Perfect. This verifies that sound should be working.

I start up FSX:SE PF3 is connected via WideFS and AS 2016 via Simconnect with no issues. However, now I get no ATC or ATIS sound via Microsoft Remote Desktop from PF3. PF3 is connected with all dialogs shown as expected but no ATC sound.

There is no sound card in the remote PC, so the only sound source choice is Remote Desktop running on my Laptop. All other sounds are verified working except PF3 ATC when it is connected to FSX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike T.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: No sound from Remote PC (WideFS) -
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:37 am
Site Admin

Well I guess it has to be something to do with there being no sound card. Why not just put a sound card in your remote machine... Much simpler than trying to figure out why remote desktop is having problems don't you think?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mike T
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:54 pm

dmarch wrote:
Well I guess it has to be something to do with there being no sound card. Why not just put a sound card in your remote machine... Much simpler than trying to figure out why remote desktop is having problems don't you think?

Hi Dave - The remote PC is, just that remote (as in on a server down in the server room in my basement). Of course I can put a physical sound card in the server but it is not in proximity. What I was trying to understand is why using Remote Desktop Sound that works with PF3 when I am picking a pilot's voice, but not when it is connected to FSX to play ATC sound.

Does everyone using WideServer have their second PC sitting next to them?

Profile Quote
Mike T
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 pm

dmarch wrote:

Never mind - I figured it out. No sound card in the remote WideFS client (which is running as a hosted virtual machine on VMWare ESX 6.0 server), ATC streaming remotely across the network to my MacBook Air running Remote Desktop.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 am
Site Admin

Glad you have it sorted. The difference you mention is when you select a pilot voice pf3 simple plays the way file directly, as if you double clicked it. ATC however is a different kettle of fish and is several different wav files concatenated and played via DirectX

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: