OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 becomes unrespoinsive when processing a flight plan

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 38 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: PF3 becomes unrespoinsive when processing a flight plan
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:14 pm

So ... what was changed since it last worked?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mike62
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:22 am

To be honest, I do not have a clue. I use PF3 for all of my flights and it worked on one night and then on the next day or so it stopped working. If the demo worked, I would say it was a licensing issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled including needing to enter the activation key, I think I started fresh but problem wa still there. Also, I just installed FSX: SE so I do not have anything extra installed and PF3 still became unresponsive with that simulators flight plan so I do not think it is simulator flight plan related. The major difference between my computer and my dad's is that PF3 had never been run on that computer. I know you guys probably have loaded a lot of flight plans without issue but do you think it is possible that there is a limit to the amount of flight plans that can be processed before something like this happens. I know that this sounds crazy but I am grasping at straws right now. I also know the windows update can sometimes break programs.

Mike

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:43 am

Mike,
it won't be a flightplan issue as PF3 only processes one flightplan at a time, so you can have loads of plans built.
Secondly,I would say a system file is missing or damaged that helps PF3 run, so if your dads works fine for the demo then your machine maybe corrupt.
If you can't find the root cause then a full install of windows followed by any updates first, then FSX-SE followed by PF3 could be on the cards...but only as a last resort.
I run FSX-SE on Windows 10-64bit with no issues.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:00 am
Site Admin

Mike62 wrote:
To be honest, I do not have a clue. I use PF3 for all of my flights and it worked on one night and then on the next day or so it stopped working. If the demo worked, I would say it was a licensing issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled including needing to enter the activation key, I think I started fresh but problem wa still there. Also, I just installed FSX: SE so I do not have anything extra installed and PF3 still became unresponsive with that simulators flight plan so I do not think it is simulator flight plan related. The major difference between my computer and my dad's is that PF3 had never been run on that computer. I know you guys probably have loaded a lot of flight plans without issue but do you think it is possible that there is a limit to the amount of flight plans that can be processed before something like this happens. I know that this sounds crazy but I am grasping at straws right now. I also know the windows update can sometimes break programs.

Mike
Mike,
I'd like to setup a remote session to take a look at your problem... if you're okay with that I'll email the details

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mike62
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:37 pm

dmarch wrote:
Mike62 wrote:

Mike
Mike,
I'd like to setup a remote session to take a look at your problem... if you're okay with that I'll email the details
Thanks, I would like that to be able to get to the root of this issue. I do not to have to do a windows rebuild for one program that is not working.

Thanks,

Mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:06 pm
Site Admin

Mike62 wrote:
dmarch wrote:
Mike62 wrote:

Mike
Mike,
Thanks, I would like that to be able to get to the root of this issue. I do not to have to do a windows rebuild for one program that is not working.

Thanks,

Mike
Windows rebuild will NOT be necessary :shock:

I'll email you with details re the remote support and perhaps we can set it for for this time tomorrow?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mike62
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Sounds good, we have a home based business so I am pretty flexible for time.

Mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:14 am
Site Admin

For anyone who may have been following this thread I'm pleased to say we now have Mike back up and running. The problem was due to (for some unknown reason) our random number generator (used for creating unique squawk codes) became stuck in a loop whereby it was constantly creating a squawk code of 1111. Mmmmmh, not very 'random' :shock:

Anyway, Mike is running with an interim fix until we release our next planned maintenance release next month. :)

Needless to say, if anyone else should experience this bizarre behaviour of PF3 becoming unresponsive after selecting a flight plan please let us know here on the forum.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 38 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Jump to: