OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

[Wishlist] Auto apply wpt adjustments on plan reload

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
corkery
Post subject: [Wishlist] Auto apply wpt adjustments on plan reload
Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:26 am

To ensure I respect the altitude limits on a number of SIDs I often use the SID /STAR page to modify altitudes. When these changes are applied it works well and I don't get inappropriate instructions to climb to enroute altitude when in a SID, especially some which have 'cross at' restrictions. I have noticed however that when reloading these plans later, I get the message that there are altitude adjustments (great) and would I like to apply them (also great). I did initially assume that saying yes actually made the adjustments and I then had some early enroute altitude assignments on flights I had flown successfully previously. It appears that you actually have to open up the SID/STAR page and save the adjustments to the plan each time?

It would be good if this change happened when you said you'd like to use the previous adjustments or include in the dialogue a warning that these need to be re-applied manually?

BTW since starting to use PF3 it has completely reinvigorated my sim experience which was getting a bit stale even with huge investment in scenery and aircraft. Thanks!

Cheers
Tony C

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: [Wishlist] Auto apply wpt adjustments on plan reload
Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:12 pm
Site Admin

Selecting 'yes' to the prompt should be sufficient and I'm surprised when you say you're having problems. If your last flight had these issues please upload the log files (debug log will suffice), if not please recreate the problem.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
corkery
Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:50 pm

OK, I'll be more vigilante for my next few flights now that I know these adjustments should be made automatically. I'll post logs when/if I get problems.

Thanks

Cheers
Tony C

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Just something I noticed tonight.

I set up flight with a decent path, I just reloaded the flight tonight. It recognised via a pop pup box that there was altitude adjustments. When I checked the flight plan the flight levels were there but in the area you input them, they we not part of the active plan. I had to save it again, then they moved over to the active flight levels.

Just an observation, I'm quite okay with it that way, it forces me to check the flight plan is how I want it :)

Rob

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: