OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Question about 'Gate Parking Only' option

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Question about 'Gate Parking Only' option
Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:14 pm

The 'PF3 Help' info for this says that if you select this option and you don't have a preferred gate selected for the airport in question and there are no free gates available, you will get the generic instruction 'taxi to terminal'.

But with this option checked I always get that generic instruction, even when there are plenty of gates free which are suitable for the aircraft I am flying. I have never once been sent to a specific gate. If I uncheck the option, I am almost always sent to some unsuitable remote GA parking spot, again, even though there are lots of suitable passenger gates empty - though that I suppose is FS9's doing and can't be changed?

Have I misunderstood something here, or not done something I should have? Does anyone redaing this get sent to a numbered passenger gate, with this option selected?

Thanks

Profile Quote
starter
Post subject: Re: Question about 'Gate Parking Only' option
Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:38 pm

I have this option unticked. At EIDW i got gate C305 (passenger) :D and at EHAM J86 some parking place. :shock:

Will try later with this option ticked.

FSX
PMDG MD11

best regards John

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:59 pm

martinlest wrote:
The 'PF3 Help' info for this says that if you select this option and you don't have a preferred gate selected for the airport in question and there are no free gates available, you will get the generic instruction 'taxi to terminal'.

But with this option checked I always get that generic instruction, even when there are plenty of gates free which are suitable for the aircraft I am flying. I have never once been sent to a specific gate. If I uncheck the option, I am almost always sent to some unsuitable remote GA parking spot, again, even though there are lots of suitable passenger gates empty - though that I suppose is FS9's doing and can't be changed?

Have I misunderstood something here, or not done something I should have? Does anyone redaing this get sent to a numbered passenger gate, with this option selected?

Thanks
As far as I'm aware the only solution in PF3 is to preselect a gate using the designated parking control option. But be aware that at very busy airports the selected gate may already be occupied.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:07 am

The pdf and help info that pops up are wrong then, you mean? It definitely says that you will only get the generic message if all suitable gates are taken. As I arrive at large airports, like KORD, and see that (because I have my AI traffic set low) that most gates are empty, that is clearly not the case.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:13 am

martinlest wrote:
The pdf and help info that pops up are wrong then, you mean? It definitely says that you will only get the generic message if all suitable gates are taken. As I arrive at large airports, like KORD, and see that (because I have my AI traffic set low) that most gates are empty, that is clearly not the case.
I'll have to uncheck all my settings to test that as I always as a matter of course set an arrival gate within PF3. Another trick is to randomise the parking list in afcad2. Apparently FS9 fills the parking spaces from the top of the list so randomising increases the chance of an available gate. Allegedly!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:21 am

Quote:
Apparently FS9 fills the parking spaces from the top of the list so randomising increases the chance of an available gate. Allegedly!
If that's true (where did you hear that alleged, do you remember?) then perhaps putting all GA parking at the bottom of the list would work. Still a real pain to have to do this manually for every single airport you fly to, of course!

I have started choosing designated parking in PF3, seems the best all-round option so far, though as I say elsewhere, it'd be great if you could choose three gates for different aircraft sizes rather than having to recheck AFCADs for gate sizes every time with just the one gate specified option at present. With three (small, medium, large) you could basically set it and forget it.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: