OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

[Wishlist] COM2 Radio

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: [Wishlist] COM2 Radio
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:13 pm

It would be good to be able to switch to using COM2 radio from COM1 'on the fly'. Some of my a/c have a glitch (inherited from FS9, not innate to the plane itself apparently) whereby if the flight isn't set up properly via the default c172, COM1 radio dials don't work (the PSS 757 and 777 for instance).

Obviously, I try to remember to set up the flight so that the COM1 radio will work, but it doesn't always work/happen and since in those cases the COM2 dials are always operational, it'd be good to be able to switch to using COM2 instead of COM1 whilst in flight.

Thanks

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: [Wishlist] COM2 Radio
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:38 pm

I'd like to have this, too, and added it some time ago to the internal wishlist. Here is what I wrote there:
ThomasAH wrote:
[Config]
UseCOM2=1
It works very well, so let's break it :)

The FSUIPC offset 0x3122 contains an 8-bit value, the 7th bit (2^6) is set (1) if COM2 is set to transmit, so my suggestion is:
  1. Enable UseCOM2 by default for new PF3.ini files.
  2. If UseCOM2 is enabled in the settings and this bit is set, use COM2, otherwise use COM1 as usual.
Some notes:
  • Unlike just reading the option at startup, changes to this bit need to be taken into account.
  • Keeping the option might be important if some 3rd-party aircraft do strange things with this offset (alternatively offer three values: no=0/auto=1/yes=2 with "auto" being the default value)
  • The 8th/2^7 bit is set if COM1 is set to transmit, but it seems you can't set both at the same time - and PF3 should not.
  • The 6th/2^5 bit is set if both COMs receive. If it is unset, only the transmitting COM receives. It would be nice to support e.g. listening to ATIS on COM2 while staying in contact with ATC on COM1, but for now I assume that the design of PF3 does not allow this.
I'll add a note there that you want it, too.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: [Wishlist] COM2 Radio
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:53 pm

'Great minds' and all that ... :)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: