OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Robot voices

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: Robot voices
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:18 pm

dmarch wrote:
Quote:
It would be very kind if you would share your list of excluded voice sets here.
Wow! That's a bit risky! How do you know you have the same taste (or hearing). ;)
I can't of course. But it would be a good thing to start with. And since mllgrennman said he wants to exclude the extreme cases only there is a high chance that we have the same voice sets in mind. ;)

Nevertheless it would be nice if there would be the possibility to test the voice sets further than with that short phrase on the options#1 page. One or more longer phrases like an initial clearance or an approach clearance would be more representative. That would simplify not only to exclude a few voice sets but also to pick up the favorites to use as a pilot's / copilot's voice.
mllgrennman wrote:
BTW. there is a ton more that I love an PF3 than this one complaint, which is able to be resolved by the user..
Totally agree!

And as said before, by far the most voices of PF3 are very good. Sometimes I tune to the corresponding feeds of LiveATC.net when flying with PF3, mixing real world and PF3 chatter. Often enough I'm not sure if that last transmission was PF3 or the real thing! In particular the PF3 noise effects proved to be totally authentic.

Btw (I already mentioned that some time ago): An option to assign a secondary sound device in PF3 would still be very much appreciated, to have PF3 on the headphones while the other sim sounds are on the speakers. Right now I use a freeware tool to achieve that but that seems to be some kind of buggy sometimes.

Thanks!

Regards

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
mllgrennman
Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:54 am

ThomasAH wrote:

PF3 contains all the old voices
I havent come across a single one yet...

Profile Quote
mllgrennman
Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:58 am

I've excluded all the unwanted voices but some of them are still playing even after chrecked!

I did a 7 hour flight just to hear a cheery Brit greet me and instead I got Steven Hawking...

The recorded voices are stellar but the synthesized voices really take a lot away...

I hope there is a way to cut them all out...please let me know

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:03 am

Can you attach a log of your flight and PF3/Data/VoiceSetExclusions.dat?
Ideally you can tell us which controller/AI voice you did not like, either by name or time, but I can check if the exclusions work without that.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: