OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Possibly a silly question :)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
helix1250
Post subject: Possibly a silly question :)
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:33 pm

Evening everyone,

I have a question on approaches. Tonight I was doing a flight into LIRN and using ASN and PFPX to plan the flight, so looking at the FP I was looking at a Rwy 24 arrival via the POM transition. So I was flying on the final leg towards the PNZ (1E) and checked Acars Atis and see that Rwy 06 was in use.

I was handed over to approach from Paris control, who asked me to decend to 3000 feet. Now my star approach was taking me directly towards Rwy 06, I was still being held at 3000 feet, I was guessing that I was still being directed to Rwy 24 as per my flight plan.

My question is should I have requested the 06 runway when handed over to approach as per the atis or should I have continued to fly the FP and wait for direction from ATC?

Regards Rob

Profile Quote
pschlute
Post subject: Re: Possibly a silly question :)
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:43 am

Rob

The landing runway is not part of your flightplan, it gets assigned by ATC. If you had not been assigned one, you should wait until you are, then request a different runway if you so wish.

Peter

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: