OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Bit of a complaint - One activation on one PC only.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
benjoglove
Post subject: Bit of a complaint - One activation on one PC only.
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:54 am

I just bought a new PC and went to install my PF3 onto it only to learn that I can only have one PF3 activated at one time!

Now the issue with this is I have it activated on my laptop due to travel and I want it on my PC as well. Now why isn't this allowed after we have spent $70 odd dollars for a program that we can only use on one of our systems?!

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Bit of a complaint - One activation on one PC only.
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:04 am

Well, I think Dave will respond here, but I was wondering what are the licensing provisions of your other software? My Active Sky license specifically says, "This software may only be used by one person on one computer."

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:20 am

Dan77 wrote:
Well, I think Dave will respond here, but I was wondering what are the licensing provisions of your other software? My Active Sky license specifically says, "This software may only be used by one person on one computer."
All the others I have installed on both computers. This is the only one I cant do it with. REX weather, FDC, FSX etc etc all work on both.

I get its to do with piracy, I do and completely understand that but surely there is another way and not deprive genuine people who pay good money for the program and not allowing them to enjoy it on multiple PC's. I am now uninstalling it on my laptop just so I can play it on my home computer.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:18 am
Site Admin

benjoglove wrote:
I just bought a new PC and went to install my PF3 onto it only to learn that I can only have one PF3 activated at one time!

Now the issue with this is I have it activated on my laptop due to travel and I want it on my PC as well. Now why isn't this allowed after we have spent $70 odd dollars for a program that we can only use on one of our systems?!
I believe you also emailed me and I have replied to that and I have reset your activation code.

You can install PF3 on as many computers as you like but it can only be activated on one. You simple need to deactivate it on the first machine before activating it on the second. This can be done via Options #2 from the main display and then click on 'Deactivate your PF3 Licence on this PC'. This should certainly address your particular issue.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:49 am

dmarch wrote:
benjoglove wrote:

I believe you also emailed me and I have replied to that and I have reset your activation code.

You can install PF3 on as many computers as you like but it can only be activated on one. You simple need to deactivate it on the first machine before activating it on the second. This can be done via Options #2 from the main display and then click on 'Deactivate your PF3 Licence on this PC'. This should certainly address your particular issue.
Received your email thank you.

That does help cheers mate.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: