OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Navigraph Integration

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 5 of 5  [ 46 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Navigraph Integration
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:41 am

Yes your PFPX fpl does look odd. The BRENO 2A SID goes to INN and then to RTT. So you in effect double back on yourself.
This is my fpl on SkyVector. Disregard the last bit from INN to LOWI that's only in my INS which I disconnect from RTT anyway. As the initial approach is flown by the AP until Absam "AB" and then Manuel flies the plane to landing!
[ attachment ]
fp.jpg (139.86 KiB) Viewed 2066 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:51 am
Site Admin

ThomasAH wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
Non of this FMC rubbish :lol:
I see we are on the same page here :)
Yes I agree, I think you two ARE on the same page! :shock:

I now know I have a couple of pages missing, which is what 'er indoors has been telling me for years! :lol:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:23 pm

dmarch wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
Non of this FMC rubbish :lol:
I see we are on the same page here :)
Yes I agree, I think you two ARE on the same page! :shock:

I now know I have a couple of pages missing, which is what 'er indoors has been telling me for years! :lol:
Only a couple of pages missing Dave? Gosh you have a generous wife :lol:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Thomas to add RTT twice you can do one of two options. first load the fpl into your sim and go to edit. At RTT add an additional "phantom" waypoint after RTT and then add RTT again after the phantom. Then delete the phantom waypoint. Save the fpl and you're good to go.
Alternatively add RTT to the fpl opened in a text editor. Remembering to increase the waypoint numbering of course.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:07 pm

vololiberista wrote:
Yes your PFPX fpl does look odd. The BRENO 2A SID goes to INN and then to RTT. So you in effect double back on yourself.
Why does it look odd? Or do you mean the AivlaSoft EFB (not PFPX) picture?
There I wrote "The resulting file looks fine, but the display in EFB looks a bit strange".
vololiberista wrote:
Thomas to add RTT twice you can do one of two options. first load the fpl into your sim and go to edit. At RTT add an additional "phantom" waypoint after RTT and then add RTT again after the phantom. Then delete the phantom waypoint. Save the fpl and you're good to go.
Alternatively add RTT to the fpl opened in a text editor. Remembering to increase the waypoint numbering of course.
I have to try with the phantom waypoint in PFPX, thanks for the hint.
And yes, duplicating a single waypoint is very easy in a text editor (, but I wanted to see how PFPX and AivlaSoft EFB behave :)
Waypoint numbering is not included in the FSX XML plan.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:54 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
vololiberista wrote:
Why does it look odd? Or do you mean the AivlaSoft EFB (not PFPX) picture?
There I wrote "The resulting file looks fine, but the display in EFB looks a bit strange".
vololiberista wrote:
I have to try with the phantom waypoint in PFPX, thanks for the hint.
And yes, duplicating a single waypoint is very easy in a text editor (, but I wanted to see how PFPX and AivlaSoft EFB behave :)
Waypoint numbering is not included in the FSX XML plan.
Holding points on some FMCs are shown as duplicate wypts and the holding pattern is displayed and the FMC programmed to fly it as modern pilots are too lazy to do it themselves! So it's not incorrect to do it. Whether your FMC will understand it I don't know.
If PF3 does hold you the step down works very nicely. Otherwise PF3 is a little hurried but it still steps you down. Remember though if PF3 doesn't hold you to still fly the procedural turn at RTT (A parallel entry).

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 5  [ 46 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Jump to: