OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Loss of ATC after Freq change

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
helix1250
Post subject: Loss of ATC after Freq change
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:52 pm

OKay this happened the other night and I put it down to me not doing something right, but it has happened again tonight!

The other night I was on a EGKK to LIRN flight, I was after a while passed to Brussels Centre, when I switched I go not ATC dispite checking in a number of times. I had to go back to the old freq and then I was given a new contact. at that point it was frnakfurt radar and my flight continued.

Tonight I was flying EGKK to LFMN and was passed to London Control and I had the same issue. I checked in, well tried to and got no reply, I remained on freq and see what happened .. Nada! All I got was one traffic advisory and then nothing further. I tried a few times to contact control and never had any success. I decided to leave things as they was and submit the log for inspection.

I also took two pics of my last 10 contacts from ATC just to confirm that they are all that I ended up with.

Hope that these files help.

Regards Rob

Attachments
Logs.zip
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 173 times

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Loss of ATC after Freq change
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Your log stops at 22:42, nothing to see there. If PF3 hasn't crashed, I suggest you exit it so it can write the last parts of the log.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:21 pm

Attached is the log after I fully exited PF3, I hope that shows a little more :)

Rob

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 162 times

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:34 pm

Yes, now it shows, but Dave needs to check what this actually means:
4/2/2016 22:47:20: 660 - Problem reading hotkey data!
4/2/2016 22:47:21: 660 - Problem resetting hotkey data!
4/2/2016 22:47:21: 710 - ****** Fatal Error Detected!

****** Unable to continue... Report Error Displayed!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi ThomasAH,

I know Daves got his hands busy on other issues. I'll just keep my eyes open for any feed back, thanks for the reply :)

Cheers Rob,

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:23 pm
Site Admin

Hi Rob,

The error Thomas displayed in his post was probably due to you closing FS before exiting PF3.

With regard you having no contact with London Control you did make initial contact with them but then later, when given another frequency change it is then that the problem occurred and it was an unfortunate timing issue, which I will have to address.

Basically what happened was this, London Control gave you a frequency change (still for London Control) but before you changed frequency and attempted to contact them you passed over the boundary to Paris control. So although you were correctly still tuned to the frequency London control had given you as far a PF3 was concerned you were NOT, because IT was now expecting you to be tuned to Paris control. If that makes sense. :o

All your waypoints were very close together which didn't really help either. After reaching XAMAB you were instructed to change to frequency 125.60 and then just 5 miles later (less than 1 minute and before you attempted to make contact) you had passed into the Paris control zone. :shock:

As I say, I will have to try and address this issue

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you for looking at the logs, and yes it makes total sense. I had the sane thing happen on another flight, so i'll try and look at my flight plans and try removing waypoints which are close together until you get time to tackle this one :)

Regards Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:41 pm
Site Admin

helix1250 wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thank you for looking at the logs, and yes it makes total sense. I had the sane thing happen on another flight, so i'll try and look at my flight plans and try removing waypoints which are close together until you get time to tackle this one :)

Regards Rob
Either that or work quicker and make contact! :D

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:43 pm

helix1250 wrote:
Hi Dave,

Regards Rob
Would it be possible in a situation like this for PF3 to "nag" i.e. repeat the instruction to change frequency? Say after 30-60 seconds. There are obviously occasions when ATC shouldn't nag though e.g. "Contact Tower when established".
Obviously Paris is expecting to be contacted and would say to London "Where is this guy?" So London would repeat the message.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:19 pm

dmarch wrote:
Either that or work quicker and make contact! :D
Lol, yeah my MCE co-pilot is still in training and a little slow on the frequency changes ;) I'll have to flog him a bit harder :)

As Vololiberista as mentioned, maybe a little nag from ATC to switch Freq's might just overcome this, sounds a perfect solution to me and would give me the option to glare at my FO for swapping quicker :D

Rob

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: