OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Loss of ATC after Freq change

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Loss of ATC after Freq change
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:41 pm
Site Admin

vololiberista wrote:
helix1250 wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thank you for looking at the logs, and yes it makes total sense. I had the sane thing happen on another flight, so i'll try and look at my flight plans and try removing waypoints which are close together until you get time to tackle this one :)

Regards Rob
Would it be possible in a situation like this for PF3 to "nag" i.e. repeat the instruction to change frequency? Say after 30-60 seconds. There are obviously occasions when ATC shouldn't nag though e.g. "Contact Tower when established".
Obviously Paris is expecting to be contacted and would say to London "Where is this guy?" So London would repeat the message.
Anything's possible! ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Loss of ATC after Freq change
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:42 pm

helix1250 wrote:
dmarch wrote:
Either that or work quicker and make contact! :D
Lol, yeah my MCE co-pilot is still in training and a little slow on the frequency changes ;) I'll have to flog him a bit harder :)

As Vololiberista as mentioned, maybe a little nag from ATC to switch Freq's might just overcome this, sounds a perfect solution to me and would give me the option to glare at my FO for swapping quicker :D

Rob
There is one teeny weeny problem with this particular fpl though. Paris contacts London to ask where you are. They say they can't contact you. Reason you ditched in mid Channel and forgot to make a Mayday call!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: