OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 + FDC oddity

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: PF3 + FDC oddity
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:59 pm

Firstly, it seems to me that the latest update, 3.1.7, has sorted out all the issues I was having (though I have only flown 2 or 3 flights, so maybe I shouldn't count my chickens just yet?): the descent intructions now come in good time and they are not repeated over and over any longer. Great!

But something very odd happened on my last flight. At some stage during approach, FDC stopped responding to any key press - total silence. I assumed that it had aborted for some reason, but when I finished my flight and minimised FS9, no FDC was still connected. I then disconnected PF3 (which is why I am posting here) and the second I did so, immediately all the missed callouts in FDC (flaps, gear and so on) started, one after the other, with no pause until 'Parking Brake On' at the end.

I don't know whether you can ascertain what went wrong here.. I attach the FDC and PF3 logs anyway. Seems to me that PF3 somehow stopped FDC from working??

Martin

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(891.38 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
blackbox.zip
(14.56 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Profile Quote
pasterke
Post subject: Re: PF3 + FDC oddity
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:34 pm

can you post your fdc_errors.log ?

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:13 pm

I did check that but didn't post it as the last information in it is dated a few days ago - nothing related to this...
Quote:
no FDC was still connected
should have read (or similar!):

no - FDC was still connected

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:29 pm

Martin,
i use FDC and PF3 and the only way it would stop working if you assigned any hotkeys to do the same thing, other than that they shouldn't interfere with each other.
If FDC stopped, was it a checklist call that wasn't acknowledged in any way, or maybe a wav file missing but as Patrick says can we have the logs from FDC asap,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm afraid I just noticed that FDC had gone quiet, probably when I tried to get the approach checklits. I attach other the FDC logs...

I'll double-check hotkeys, but it's never done this before, and it was working for the first two or three hours of a longish flight with no problem. It won't be a missing wav file I shouldn't think. As I say, the fact that the pilot and co-pilot 'caught up' with the missed callouts (not checklists as far as I recall) as soon as I disconnected PF3 is the odd thing... (I couldn't believe my ears!).

Attachments
Logs.rar
(522 Bytes) Downloaded 195 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:39 pm
Site Admin

Very strange... and a first I believe! ;)

Nothing in the logs I'm afraid except the BB log terminated early :(

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Another flight (different one) ran smoothly in all respects, PF3 and FDC both (SO, SO nice when that happens!), so whatever was at the root of the strange behaviour before, I am hoping it was a one-off glitch! (I expect you feel exactly the same way!!) :)

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:33 pm

OK, similar occurence... FDC suddenly stops responding (after half an hour of working fine), with no response to the usual key presses.

After landiing, PF3 didn't tune to LGIR ground after I got onto the taxiway, as I expected, so I tuned in manually and announced 'clear of runway'. When I did that FDC came alive and proceeded to catch up with all the calls (including checlists) it had missed from the last ten minutes or so.

Seriously odd - don't know if the logs help. Flight was today between about 14.30 and 15.30..

Not sure if this is really an FDC or PF3 issue, but I won't start another thread in the FDC forum!

M.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(303.66 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
FDC Logs.zip
(11.09 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:21 pm
Site Admin

Quite bizarre!

I can see by the BB log that FDC went to sleep for approximately 11 minutes
06/04/16 15:03:57: (08:47:05) - No FD User Files found - Function not active
06/04/16 15:14:42: (08:47:05) - IAS Decreasing  -  Last: 223  -  Now: 213
Strange thing though, the second timer is FS time and that didn't change straight away!!

I've no idea what on earth is happening Martin, never seen this before as I said earlier. It's almost as if FDC goes into pause mode

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:34 am

If you want more logs (FDC or PF3?) if it happens again, let me know and I'll post them. What does 'No FD User Files found - Function not active' indicate? FDC had been working fine most of the flight. What user files would it be looking for at that point?

Sounds like this might remain a mystery though. (No way to wake FDC up, 'on the fly' so to speak, you can think of?)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: