OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Runway changes

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Runway changes
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:59 am
Site Admin

Hi Rob,

The only thing I can see amiss is you failed to comply with ATC instructions to turn left to 065 and then 9 minutes later, by which time you had contacted Approach (without being handed off), made a turn to 260 and then requested a change of runway :shock:

If I've mis-read anything please shout ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Dave,

I sadly didn't capture the com log before the one I attached in the zip file.

I remember being told to turn left heading 270, I am guessing that was by London control, I was then told to contact approach on 123.5 as shown in the image then I was told right to 075 and 065.

The trouble was I was still some miles south of EGKK and was never vectored north towards the ILS feather. I was almost told to turn around and head back the same way I was coming from.

So I had no clue what was going on, hence me making the move to request for 26 from approach.

Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:39 pm
Site Admin

helix1250 wrote:
Hi Dave,

I sadly didn't capture the com log before the one I attached in the zip file.

I remember being told to turn left heading 270, I am guessing that was by London control, I was then told to contact approach on 123.5 as shown in the image then I was told right to 075 and 065.

The trouble was I was still some miles south of EGKK and was never vectored north towards the ILS feather. I was almost told to turn around and head back the same way I was coming from.

So I had no clue what was going on, hence me making the move to request for 26 from approach.

Rob
Quote:
I was then told to contact approach on 123.5
Sorry, missed that one

Yes you were told right to 070 to which you complied. A short while later you were instructed to turn left to 065, to which you did not comply.
Quote:
Well I'm sure ATC had their reasons! ;) Had you made the turn to 065 you would have received further vectoring, so the only thing I think I can do here is to ensure you get nagged for not making the turn. This doesn't happen currently during approach but it's already on my list of things to do. Sometimes approach vectoring can seem a little out of the ordinary, dependant of course on the direction from which you initial arrive to the area, but PF3 will always get you to the FAF. :)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:21 am

Thanks Dave,

I did another flight last night, I was vectored up to a certain point then cleared at pilots descreasion. Started my approach and then had a sim crash lol. Needs less to say I never turned on the save function :roll:

Rob

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: