OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC.dll CTD

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: ATC.dll CTD
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:20 pm

I was flying happily along, Madrid to Rome in my Lvl-D 767, when suddenly - silence and a black screen. Don't you just hate it!!

The faulting module was listed as ATC.dll
Quote:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FS9.EXE
Application Version: 9.1.0.40901
Application Timestamp: 4135a208
Fault Module Name: ATC.DLL
Fault Module Version: 9.1.0.40901
Fault Module Timestamp: 4135a88e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002a63b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

- it seems that this can be caused by identical adjacent Comm frequencies - I don't know if that was the problem in this case of course, but the CTD certainly happened at the moment PF3/ATC was in the middle of changing radio frequencies en route. (I need to check that later somehow to see if frequencies are the same, if I can). Would that be a problem to PF3? (It was FS9 ATC that crashed, not PF3 of course). Looking at some of the suggestions to avoid this occurring in the AVSIM CTD forum, I see one is that you add the line RemoveATC=Yes to the FSUIPC.ini file.

Any comments on this, or on ATC.dll CTDs in general? Would the line in any way affect the operation of PF3? I managed to continue the flight by reloading the AutoSave file and a suitable Lvl-D panel state file, but I wasn't able to get PF3 back to where I was at the time of the CTD - I thought it gave an option of resuming where a flight left off if it didn't finish, but I didn't get that for some reason... I tried tuning to local approach frequencies and tower frequencies, but PF3 gave the same response to all my attempts, that I wasn't tuned to any frequency and wanted me to tune to my departing airport's clearance frequency. Did I do something wrong?

Last edited by martinlest on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: ATC.dll CTD
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:32 pm

OK, I continued Googling and it lead me to one of my own posts here in the Oncourse forums! I guess my memory has deleted that particular bit of information from my grey cells (they are at a premium these days!) to make room for something else...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1348

Dave L already mentioned the FSUIPC "RemoveAtc=yes" string, saying there could be CTDs without it - in fact I found that I did already have that line when I looked at the FSUIPC.ini file but for some reason it was disabled with // at the start of it. It's active (again?) now anyway.

I guess the question has been answered then. Probably... (Apart from why I couldn't get PF3 to continue from where I left off: even when I landed at LIRF and tuned to the ground frequency, there was no response to 'Clear of Runway': pressing '0' still told me to tune to LEMD clearance).

Last edited by martinlest on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:49 pm
Site Admin

martinlest wrote:
OK, I continued Googling and it lead me to one of my own posts here in the Oncourse forums! I guess my memory has deleted that particular bit of information from my grey cells (they are at a premium these days!) to make room for something else...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1348

Dave L already mentioned the FSUIPC "RemoveAtc=yes" string, saying there could be CTDs without it - in fact I found that I did already have that line when I looked at the FSUIPC.ini file but for some reason it was disabled with // at the start of it. It's active (again?) now anyway.

I guess the question has been answered then. Probably... (Apart from why I couldn't get PF3 to continue from where I left off).
Martin, do you have PF3 configured to save restart data?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:56 pm

I did have and it was doing it fine last time I needed it. Did one of the updates reset it?

... just checked.. no, it is still set to save restart data once a minute.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:22 am

martinlest wrote:
I did have and it was doing it fine last time I needed it. Did one of the updates reset it?

... just checked.. no, it is still set to save restart data once a minute.
Quoting myself from the thread Resume Flight:
ThomasAH wrote:
You have to make PF3 think it crashed, so just kill it from the task manager. Do not use the normal close button.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:20 pm

OK, I will do that next time, thanks.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: