OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

AI traffic waiting too long at runway

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: AI traffic waiting too long at runway
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:15 pm

This may not be addressable in PF3 as I think it's down to FS9 (is there something changeable there though, maybe via a 3rd. party tool?)... The setting for how long AI departing traffic in front of me waits for incoming (landing) AI a/c is far too long and quite often the a/c waiting just disappear before they get a chance to get on the runway. Is this adjustable somehow so that a/c are given clearance to line up then take-off, rather than 'hold for traffic', when that traffic is still five minutes from landing (and invisible to the naked eye)? If Heathrow et al had this kind of turnaround, there'd be chaos! :)

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: AI traffic waiting too long at runway
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:29 pm

martinlest wrote:
This may not be addressable in PF3 as I think it's down to FS9 (is there something changeable there though, maybe via a 3rd. party tool?)... The setting for how long AI departing traffic in front of me waits for incoming (landing) AI a/c is far too long and quite often the a/c waiting just disappear before they get a chance to get on the runway. Is this adjustable somehow so that a/c are given clearance to line up then take-off, rather than 'hold for traffic', when that traffic is still five minutes from landing (and invisible to the naked eye)? If Heathrow et al had this kind of turnaround, there'd be chaos! :)
You need to look in the avsim library or ask on avsim. There is a tweak for how long AI stands still. Fusifix I think does it. The default is 5 mins I think. It is not a PF3 issue. It has no control over that at all.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 pm

No, that's what I thought - I have lots of utilities installed from AVSIM, Flusifix included: I'll have to do a search... Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:36 pm
Site Admin

martinlest wrote:
No, that's what I thought - I have lots of utilities installed from AVSIM, Flusifix included: I'll have to do a search... Thanks.
Maybe turn down your AI traffic setting?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:04 pm

If I turn it down any more, I may as well not use it at all. ;)

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:14 pm

If your AI settings are that low they should not be disappearing. Are you running utilities like AI Separation when you are departing? If so, you might try turning them off or using them only before landing, to see if there is any difference. I think these utilities work by slewing AI aircraft backward and they may be affecting the timing of AI arrivals and departures.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
netshadoe
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Martin, refer to this post:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363969-a-f ... l__timeout

You need a HEX editor.

Make a backup of your AI_player.dll that you find in your root P3D folder. :D

Open the HEX editor, and open the AI_player.dll

Use the find function, make sure you have "HEX" selected for the search, and look for the sequence "C0 72 40"

There should be two of the same sequence. You want the FIRST sequence. Leave the 2nd sequence alone!!!

In the first sequence, change the "72" to "8f"

Save your new AI_player.dll

It should work. I have it working in mine.

*** If I recall correctly:
FSX only has one sequence and works with the above edit
FSX-SE is the same as P3D with two sequences...only the first should be altered.

I take no responsibility for your modifications. Make Backups!!! ***

Devin / CYOW
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:24 pm

Thanks for the posts, I will try that tomorrow. I have all my FS9 backed up several times, so don't worry about that! :) There is a programme called FS9 Configurator which edits that dll file (to make traffic move faster for instance) but I don't think it can do this. I'll double check, then try what you suggest (though, does it work in FS9? I hardly ever fly FSX to be honest and I don't even have P3D).

I used to run AISeparation and AISmooth every flight as a matter of course, but since I started using PF3 (rather than PFE) I have stopped running them. I can't say that I notice any difference to be honest.

I vary the % AI traffic according to airport - it's a trade off of course between empty gates and problems due to overcrowding. I usually fly with between 25% and 50% but I set 90-100% at small airports (or little traffic shows in the sim).

Profile Quote
netshadoe
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Sorry Martin, didn't realize you were on FS9!! :oops:

If you're on AVSIM, search the library for AITP. It's a little utility that will do the work for you as long as you have FS9.1

Devin / CYOW
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:53 pm

OK, well, I made the change. What effect should I be looking for exactly in FS9? I am a bit doubtful that this will work at all in FS9 but we shall see...

What I am really looking for is a way to have ATC allow AI a/c to move onto the runway and take off when landing AI a/c are closer to the airport than at present. This seems to adjust the timing for a/c timeout (disappearing). I guess I need to read all of the information on the URL you gave to find out more - haven't done so yet...

Will report back...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: