OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Preferential runway

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Alpha117
Post subject: Preferential runway
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi All

I have set runway at an airport for Take-off(T) and the other end for Landing (L) as per the AIP. When I listen to ATIS it always give me the Landing runway for Take off. yes the landing runway would be correct for the winds. Preferential runways over ride this, up to the max 'tail wind' component of the aircraft or the max as per the airport AIP?

Have I missed a tick box somewhere?

Thanks

Clive

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Preferential runway
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:54 pm
Site Admin

Alpha117 wrote:
Hi All

I have set runway at an airport for Take-off(T) and the other end for Landing (L) as per the AIP. When I listen to ATIS it always give me the Landing runway for Take off. yes the landing runway would be correct for the winds. Preferential runways over ride this, up to the max 'tail wind' component of the aircraft or the max as per the airport AIP?

Have I missed a tick box somewhere?

Thanks

Clive
There maybe some confusion regarding this feature and that is probably down to me not documenting it very well. :shock: When you select a runway for landing or takeoff only, it has no effect of AI traffic whatsoever. Its use was and still is intended to alleviate the need to go through the process of requesting another runway and to force ATC to give you the runway of your choice (for whatever reason).

So, ATIS will still report the correct runway in use by detecting AI traffic and/or wind direction. Let's face it, if all AI traffic were landing on your (T)akeoff runway you'd want to know about it wouldn't you?

This is how this feature was intended to work. Say your departure airport has runway 22L, 22C and 22R and you always want to use 22C then you could close 22L and 22R in PF3 so ATC would never give you those runways for for either landing or takeoff, but AI could and probably would still be using them and ATIS would report on whichever one it detected as being in use.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alpha117
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Sorted

thanks

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:04 pm

Alpha117 wrote:
Sorted

thanks
It is always a good idea to have your afcad and PF3 in tandem when closing runways or specifiying landing or take-offs only. That way the AI doesn't do something unexpected. :o What did I say? :lol:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: