OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Oceanic Procedures (again)

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
awralls
Post subject: Oceanic Procedures (again)
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Sorry to sound like a stuck record, but I really don't think this is working the way you intend it to.

First issue - is there supposed to be some contact to or from an Oceanic Controller that OPs are now in force? If so, I'm not getting it. I just get the normal freq change request at a xxx boundary.

Second, what actual difference is supposed to be perceived by the pilot from normal Centre control? In reality, as pointed out by Bob Scott a couple of weeks ago, Oceanic controllers don't actually control anything...they relay requests and directives between the aircraft and the actual controller. They are there to manage HF comms, nothing else. In PF3 there is no difference in behaviour at all.

Third, what I actually get is silent comms from the controller on first contact, followed by an audible response from the VCP. If the contact is the other way around, such as for a position report, the VCP is silent but the controllers response is audible. Something is definitely loopy here.

According to the manual, the VCP is supposed to initiate a position report when crossing a waypoint. Doesn't happen for me. I have to do it manually.

Because comms from the ground are initated using SELective CALling, I shouldn't hear comms to/from other aircraft, but I do.

So, again, what is supposed to be happening that is different form normal centre controlling, and why would I need to bother using OPs in PF3?

Andy

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Oceanic Procedures (again)
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:52 pm
Site Admin

Hi Andy,

Let me have you last OP log please, I do have some from you for older version but would rather look at up to date ones.

On the face of it it doesn't sound like OP was initiated for this flight at all because every thing you assume should happen should happen. Please attach a log file

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Dave, I will do when the current flight concludes... Still another 3 hours to go. FYI, when I set up the current one, and the previous one, the start up info stated that OPs were in effect, so either they are and my comments stand, or they're not and the opening session info is wrong.

Andy

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Oh, and another thing with OPs....I get a call from the controller telling me I'm outside my lateral tolerance for the airway.... However, the whole point of OPs is that it provides a means of tracking progress while OUTSIDE radar coverage. This should be suppressed during OPs. Also, the call and any others from the Oceanic Controller are never preceded by any kind of SELCAL tones.

Yeah, I know, I'll send the log....

Andy

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:19 pm

As requested...

Issues with OPs as mentioned above.

In addition, no descent instructions received up to 97 miles from destination when at FL250, IAS 170 and with a descent profile of 500fpm. A descent calculation should have the descent started around 160 miles.

Dave, I also emailed this to you, but I gather this is the preferred method, so forgive the duplication.

Andy

Attachments
AndyRalls_PF2_Log20160327.zip
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 194 times

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Trying this again... I note that there is some text that flashes across the Remote Text display at the point that I appear to have entered the OP area. The problem is that there is no audio associated with it although there is audio from my VCPs reply. The text is to the effect that I've entered the OP area, but I have PF3 on a remote box so unless I'm looking at it, I'd easily miss it. This may the source of my confusion and why I'm thinking that OPs are not activated. However, all this does is demonstrate that they are being activated, but then my other comments are still valid.

Since I appear to be lone voice on this, I'll can any further work on it and leave it alone.

Andy

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:01 pm
Site Admin

Hi Andy,

I'm currently working on the OP issue as I write :)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
netshadoe
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi Dave,

I seem to have the same issue as Andy. Just posting my logs for your reference if you needed them.

Regards

Attachments
Logs.rar
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 185 times

Devin / CYOW
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:47 pm
Site Admin

Thanks, user defined op's have been fixed and will be in the next release... Not sure when that will be but it won't be too long.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
voju24
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Awesome to hear that!
I also just had some trouble with oceanic procedures not working correctly/consistently and it even made PF3 crash so I'll retry after the next release :)

Best,

David

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: