OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC descent instructions repeated over and over

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: ATC descent instructions repeated over and over
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:07 pm

I'll second what Martin said...i got similar today from EGLL-LOWW,around 1710 onwards got nagged to descend about 3 times in less than 20mins.
Logs enclosed...

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 213 times

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:15 pm

I am nagged about every 30 seconds, really! - I wasn't joking when I said 'dozens' of times! You escaped very lightly! Seems this will be fixed soon though :)

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:40 pm

martinlest wrote:
I am nagged about every 30 seconds, really! - I wasn't joking when I said 'dozens' of times! You escaped very lightly! Seems this will be fixed soon though :)
I hope that's not in real life too!!! :lol:

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm afraid this issue is not solved with 3.1.5.

Center told me to descent to the same altitude every few seconds. After handoff to Approach Approach continued to do so.

Another oddness: With the STAR option activated, I was first cleared via a STAR (reading the name that was specified on the SIDs/STARs page). Shortly after I was cleared to final at pilot's discretion. And then I received vectors. If I didn't miss something that was without a runway change.

Regards

Ralf

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 221 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:22 pm

Confirmed.. Installed 3.1.5 but I am nagged once or twice a minute to descend, whilst descending, just as before I'm afraid. :cry:

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:37 pm

Happened here as well; I've logged it. Thanks.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:24 am

Which brings up an issue which has been concerning me for the last few weeks - the frequency of updates. While this is laudable on the face of it, and many will compliment the team for what seems to be excellent support, might it not be better to hold off a little to try to get a little more testing in? Please don't think this is a critical comment - I support Dave and his testers 100% - but I think they're making life difficult for themselves and possibly unsatisfactory for the customers.

I do a bit of testing for another FS application and updates are less frequent and testing is more protracted.... It seems to work better for them.

Just a suggestion.... I know some of the test team get a little defensive at any perceived criticism but actually, we all want the same thing.

Cheers,

Andy

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:46 am
Site Admin

martinlest wrote:
Confirmed.. Installed 3.1.5 but I am nagged once or twice a minute to descend, whilst descending, just as before I'm afraid. :cry:
Still looking into this one... hasn't happened for me nor one of our testers and yet another has reported the same issue, so we know there's a problem, just trying to find it.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:21 pm

awralls wrote:
Which brings up an issue which has been concerning me for the last few weeks - the frequency of updates. While this is laudable on the face of it, and many will compliment the team for what seems to be excellent support, might it not be better to hold off a little to try to get a little more testing in? Please don't think this is a critical comment - I support Dave and his testers 100% - but I think they're making life difficult for themselves and possibly unsatisfactory for the customers.

I do a bit of testing for another FS application and updates are less frequent and testing is more protracted.... It seems to work better for them.

Just a suggestion.... I know some of the test team get a little defensive at any perceived criticism but actually, we all want the same thing.

Cheers,

Andy
From what I've read here and from other beta testers I must be the only one who is getting correct descent instructions and not being repeated. So I am wondering what type of flight profile you are all running compared to mine. I am arriving by a planned STAR i.e. not a random one. One that I have identified in the SID STAR page with SIDs STARs checked as active.
I have though flagged an anomaly with TGS. Looks like Dave wonàt have much time to finish eating his Easter eggs!!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:34 pm

I'm not using any modern procedures... All the flight plans are NDB-to-NDB or lat/long waypoint (which PF3 sees as any other waypoint). If you're saying PF3 only works reliably if I'm in a modern tube liner flying SIDS/STARS, then I'll cut my losses and go back to RC4 since it's use is too limited for me.

I would also note that no such limitation is included in the product description.

Andy

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 27 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: