OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC descent instructions repeated over and over

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: ATC descent instructions repeated over and over
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:02 pm

vololiberista wrote:
awralls wrote:
Which brings up an issue which has been concerning me for the last few weeks - the frequency of updates. While this is laudable on the face of it, and many will compliment the team for what seems to be excellent support, might it not be better to hold off a little to try to get a little more testing in? Please don't think this is a critical comment - I support Dave and his testers 100% - but I think they're making life difficult for themselves and possibly unsatisfactory for the customers.

I do a bit of testing for another FS application and updates are less frequent and testing is more protracted.... It seems to work better for them.

Just a suggestion.... I know some of the test team get a little defensive at any perceived criticism but actually, we all want the same thing.

Cheers,

Andy
From what I've read here and from other beta testers I must be the only one who is getting correct descent instructions and not being repeated. So I am wondering what type of flight profile you are all running compared to mine. I am arriving by a planned STAR i.e. not a random one. One that I have identified in the SID STAR page with SIDs STARs checked as active.
I have though flagged an anomaly with TGS. Looks like Dave wonàt have much time to finish eating his Easter eggs!!
1500fpm descent all the way to 3500 AGL....so shouldn't get nagged!!

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:31 pm

awralls wrote:
I'm not using any modern procedures... All the flight plans are NDB-to-NDB or lat/long waypoint (which PF3 sees as any other waypoint). If you're saying PF3 only works reliably if I'm in a modern tube liner flying SIDS/STARS, then I'll cut my losses and go back to RC4 since it's use is too limited for me.

I would also note that no such limitation is included in the product description.

Andy
PF3 can and should handle your flight. Dave will get to the bottom of it as it has not occured in the past.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:38 pm
Site Admin

awralls wrote:
Which brings up an issue which has been concerning me for the last few weeks - the frequency of updates. While this is laudable on the face of it, and many will compliment the team for what seems to be excellent support, might it not be better to hold off a little to try to get a little more testing in? Please don't think this is a critical comment - I support Dave and his testers 100% - but I think they're making life difficult for themselves and possibly unsatisfactory for the customers.

I do a bit of testing for another FS application and updates are less frequent and testing is more protracted.... It seems to work better for them.

Just a suggestion.... I know some of the test team get a little defensive at any perceived criticism but actually, we all want the same thing.

Cheers,

Andy
Andy,

The main reason for the frequent updates is to fix what I consider a show stopper! Updates will still be fairly frequent going forward but maybe monthly or thereabouts. As the pilot though you are in command and don't have to take any updates on board until you want to. ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:43 pm

awralls wrote:
I'm not using any modern procedures... All the flight plans are NDB-to-NDB or lat/long waypoint (which PF3 sees as any other waypoint). If you're saying PF3 only works reliably if I'm in a modern tube liner flying SIDS/STARS, then I'll cut my losses and go back to RC4 since it's use is too limited for me.

I would also note that no such limitation is included in the product description.
PF3 absolutely works with non-tube non-liners!
I did >95% of the beta testing in a C337 (and the remaining bits in turbo props, no jets involved) and without using the GPS (except for setting the NAV1 frequency in the GNS unit), used SIDs only about 20% of the time and STARs even less.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
I'm afraid this issue is not solved with 3.1.5.

Center told me to descent to the same altitude every few seconds. After handoff to Approach Approach continued to do so.

Another oddness: With the STAR option activated, I was first cleared via a STAR (reading the name that was specified on the SIDs/STARs page). Shortly after I was cleared to final at pilot's discretion. And then I received vectors. If I didn't miss something that was without a runway change.

Regards

Ralf
Another flight today and no problem with repeated descent instructions on this flight.
The only thing I did different was to define a STAR entry on the "Adjust altitudes, SIDs, STARs and Holds" page that was not the last waypoint.
I attach the logs for this flight too, just in case it might be helpful.

Regards

Ralf

Attachments
Logs (1).zip
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 174 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Now fixed in version 3.17 ;)

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Yes, just replied to Dave M.'s email - this seems to have been fixed in the latest update.Excellent.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: