OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Wish List for PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Wish List for PF3
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:45 pm

PF3 has so much in it already, but I hope it's OK to start a thread for people to add features they'd like to see in updates, when Dave M et al have the time and energy to address them!. I thought there already was such a thread, but I can't find it.

Well, at the risk of seeming 'greedy' what would be really, really great is for PF3 to be able to display which gates/parking at an airport are free of AI traffic, so that a gate can be chosen as you come off the runway and halt. With the 'Gate Parking Only' option unchecked, FS9 always sends my a/c to a vacant space (so the information as to which parking spots are free must be there to be tapped), but unless I choose a preferred spot at each airport, my 747 ends up at the edge of the airport in a GS parking spot more often than not. With the option checked, you have to make a wild guess as to which place may be free, but often end up having to 'zap' the a/c that is there, taking up 'your' chosen spot...

This would be SO useful at airports with AES enabled, as you'd know to which gate you could instruct the programme to take you.

Just a thought. Don't if it's possible, but for me it'd be a great extra feature... ;)

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: Wish List for PF3
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:05 am

martinlest wrote:
Well, at the risk of seeming 'greedy' what would be really, really great is for PF3 to be able to display which gates/parking at an airport are free of AI traffic, so that a gate can be chosen as you come off the runway and halt.
GSX does exactly that. It even shows the gates for your specific airline.
On the one hand this shows it is possible. On the other hand I don't see a high need for PF3 to offer the same. It would be nice of course to have a correct PF3 taxi guidance to the gate chosen in the GSX menu.

And I second your idea of a pinned wishlist.

Regards

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:22 am

I don't know what GSX is I'm afraid... sounds like it's not compatible with FS9 anyway from the name! I think the function integrated into PF3 (for those who don't have/can't use whatever GSX is) would be very useful... IMHO

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:01 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
And I second your idea of a pinned wishlist.
The problems with a pinned wishlist are:
- each pinned thread takes away valuable space in in the forum view
- such single threads for many topics tend to degenerate into the state of uselessness quickly, unless strictly moderated, edited, whatever ...

I would rather prefer separate threads with a common tag in the title, e.g. "[wishlist]" or "#wishlist" (non-alpha characters do not matter, search ignores them anyway), so discussions around the specific wishlist topics can be kept within the same thread.

As you see here, the first wishlist entry already generated three posts.
Martin: Maybe you can edit the first post's subject to something like "[wishlist] find free parking spots"

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Yes, no problem, only I don't know how to edit thread titles. (Or thread contents once the edit time allowed expires). Is it possible for me to do? If you say how, I will of course.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:26 pm

martinlest wrote:
Yes, no problem, only I don't know how to edit thread titles. (Or thread contents once the edit time allowed expires). Is it possible for me to do? If you say how, I will of course.
Ah, right ... editing posts (the thread title is just the subject of the first post) isn't possible after some time here.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:35 pm

If I have any more for a wish list (though I can't think of anything at present) I"ll post in the format you suggest.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Still wondering - Dave, is this something that is possible to include as an option at some stage in the future? Maybe? Perhaps??

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 pm
Site Admin

martinlest wrote:
Still wondering - Dave, is this something that is possible to include as an option at some stage in the future? Maybe? Perhaps??
It's certainly possible but actually providing you with a means to 'see' a list and then 'select' an item is the messy part

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:34 pm

(just a list of free gates/parking would be great for AES!)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: