OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No "Startup" call

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
TheDuke
Post subject: No "Startup" call
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:31 pm

I have the bullet on "Always on start only" on the Option#1 page (Push & Start section) and VCP in mode 2.
After listening to the ATIS I select the Clearance frequency, hit hotkey zero and get my Clearance. I see the VCP has set the squak and I set up the AP. Then I switch to Tower (no Ground on this airport) and hit the hotkey zero again for my startup clearance. But.... my VCP requests taxi.
I tried this on several airports with the same outcome and I do remember that the startup call was active in the demo version. But it seems to have disappeared in the full version.

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: No "Startup" call
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:57 pm

TheDuke wrote:
I have the bullet on "Always on start only" on the Option#1 page (Push & Start section) and VCP in mode 2.
After listening to the ATIS I select the Clearance frequency, hit hotkey zero and get my Clearance. I see the VCP has set the squak and I set up the AP. Then I switch to Tower (no Ground on this airport) and hit the hotkey zero again for my startup clearance. But.... my VCP requests taxi.
I tried this on several airports with the same outcome and I do remember that the startup call was active in the demo version. But it seems to have disappeared in the full version.

Dirk
You don't in PF3 nor in PFE get a "Clear to start and pushback" from a single Tower frequency facility. You need a ground frequency for it to occur. Fields with only one frequency usually don't have much traffic so everything is "at your discretion" as it were. "Tower [callsign] at gate xx to Lima India Mike Foxtrot with information Lima" is how it should be in PF3 for your first call.
Then I switch to Tower (no Ground on this airport) You were already talking to Tower in order to get your clearance so there was no need to re tune! Hitting "0" for a second time is correct. This time you ask for taxi clearance. The second time you say "Tower [callsign at gate xx ready to taxi".

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:04 pm

vololiberista wrote:
TheDuke wrote:

Dirk
You don't in PF3 nor in PFE get a "Clear to start and pushback" from a single Tower frequency facility. You need a ground frequency for it to occur. Fields with only one frequency usually don't have much traffic so everything is "at your discretion" as it were. "Tower [callsign] at gate xx to Lima India Mike Foxtrot with information Lima" is how it should be in PF3 for your first call.
Then I switch to Tower (no Ground on this airport) You were already talking to Tower in order to get your clearance so there was no need to re tune! You will have-
1. A Tower frequency only
2. A Ground frequency (from which you request clearance) and a Tower
3. A Clearance frequency, Ground and Tower.
Hitting "0" for a second time is correct. This time you ask for taxi clearance. The second time you say "Tower [callsign at gate xx ready to taxi".
In any case you should provide a zipped log file so that if there is an anomaly it can be traced.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:57 am

Thanks for the explanation. May I suggest to put this info in the manual?

In the time I was flying VFR and IFR from an airport with Tower only, I was used to 'request startup' so this was part of my way of doing things. That got in the way. Probably not SOP, but I was accustomed to do so. Could this be a compliment on the realism of PS3? I think it does. ;)

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:19 am

[quote="TheDuke"]May I suggest to put this info in the manual?

Of course it is in the manual. :oops: What I mean is, that the manual has a sequential, functional structure. Given the huge amount of information that's in there, it is easy to overlook items. A more situational approach would be better IMHO. Just give me some time and I'll copy/paste a bit to let me show what I mean.

Dirk

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: