OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Log Files: How can we read them?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Log Files: How can we read them?
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:23 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I don't know if MCE does that, but another possibility would be to write a small program that registers the same hotkeys with FSUIPC
The FSUIPC table is limited to 56 hotkeys (if my memory serves me right) and that is for all running addons that may use them, so adding more as you suggest might not be a good idea

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:50 pm

dmarch wrote:
Quote:
I don't know if MCE does that, but another possibility would be to write a small program that registers the same hotkeys with FSUIPC
The FSUIPC table is limited to 56 hotkeys (if my memory serves me right) and that is for all running addons that may use them, so adding more as you suggest might not be a good idea
56, correct. That's part of what I meant with "overhead".

[ img ]

Profile Quote
flyblueskies
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:31 am

dmarch wrote:

Shouldn't the MCE provide you with such a utility? Provided you send PF3 the correct key it will work and it doesn't care whether that's from your keyboard or any VR program, the end result is the same.
Yes, I agree and I have asked there as well.

It appears neither developer wishes to offer this tool for their customers...

However, someone here suggested Wordpad. Last night I used Notepad +++. As long as I place my cursor in that program (it has the focus), and then use MCE, I can see the key presses MCE passes.

When contacting Tower, I can confirm it does send first a 0, then a 1.

Using Notepad is OK, but using it prevents the key presses from getting to PF3. So, I have to place my cursor in Prepar3D and say the commands a second time. Not perfect, but at least I can see the key presses passed.

It just would be nice, if PF3 could have a debug mode, where the keys it receives are displayed along with the verbiage displayed.

Anyway, thanks for your consideration.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:59 am
Site Admin

Quote:
However, someone here suggested Wordpad. Last night I used Notepad +++. As long as I place my cursor in that program (it has the focus), and then use MCE, I can see the key presses MCE passes.

When contacting Tower, I can confirm it does send first a 0, then a 1.
Something wrong there then. I assume you have reported this to the MCE developers?
Quote:
It just would be nice, if PF3 could have a debug mode, where the keys it receives are displayed along with the verbiage displayed.
Well that wouldn't be too difficult to implement but it wouldn't have help with this scenario as I doubt you would have had time to see the first key (zero) received before it was overwritten with the #1 key.

I really do think this debugging utility is something the MCE guys should provide

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
flyblueskies
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:18 am

dmarch wrote:
I really do think this debugging utility is something the MCE guys should provide
No problem. I don't think they will provide this either. But, I can still use Notepad.

Of course, I am working with MCE to refine the interface. I think their problem is that they don't always know where your program is at...therefore, they have to send both 0 and 1 to make sure all bases are covered.

It does work, just not consistently. Since PF3 ignore the 0 (where appropriate), I've asked MCE to add a longer delay between passing 0 and 1. If they can do this, I think the interface will be more consistent.

Anyway, I will continue working with them.

By the way, the main difference between PRO ATC and PF3, as far as I'm concerned, is that MCE will work with PF3. Pro Atc does not allow any interaction with a VR program.

So, the better the interface between MCE and PF3, I would think will bode well for both MCE and PF3.

Take care.

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:54 pm

flyblueskies wrote:
Glad it helped.

I'm keen on giving MCE a go too, so I'm following this with interest and hope the guys at MCE will be able to solve these issues soon.
Thank you to those users who are already working with PF3 and MCE to iron out these glitches.

Please keep us informed here on this forum.

Regards

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: