OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Taxiway instructions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
melph
Post subject: Re: Taxiway instructions
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:16 pm

If I delete the logs in the PF3/logs folder, will the program create them? That way I know you will get fresh data.

Not sure why atc data not in log, def did flight with arc

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:52 pm
Site Admin

If you ever have a problem then provided you upload the logs before commencing another flight I will get the latest data, but yes, you could delete the logs if you wish, but there's really no need.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:14 pm

If you zip and name the log file after exiting PF3, it will preserve the data and prevent it being over-written by the next flight. You can then upload it later if it is needed.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
melph
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:59 am

hopefully this is better - very poor flight from me but hopefully got the data you need.

This flight was from EGBB to EGLL, both airports standard Prep3d scenery. Again I did not receive any taxi instructions despite options being set correctly.

Regards

Mark

Attachments
Logs.zip
(268.78 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

melph wrote:
This flight was from EGBB to EGLL, both airports standard Prep3d scenery. Again I did not receive any taxi instructions despite options being set correctly.
I'm surprised PF3 talked to you as much as it did, since it looks to me as if you never acknowledged ATCs instructions using the Roger/Readback key. I suggest you use VCP mode 2 until you are more familiar with PF3.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
melph
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanks

There's some truth in it, as I'm using voice control and no keys! Yes, I am new and have at times forgot to use the "Roger "voice command but this isn't all the time.

I will do another test flight tonight ensuring Roger used all the time.

To clarify, are you saying that when using voice control software, I still have to press a key to Roger an art instruction?

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:16 pm

melph wrote:
There's some truth in it, as I'm using voice control and no keys! Yes, I am new and have at times forgot to use the "Roger "voice command but this isn't all the time.

I will do another test flight tonight ensuring Roger used all the time.

To clarify, are you saying that when using voice control software, I still have to press a key to Roger an art instruction?
I did not find a single Roger/Readback in your log!
You do not have to press the key yourself, but your voice control software has to (virtually) press it.

Maybe it does not send the correct key?
Possible pitfalls:
1. By default it is just "\" (not Ctrl-Shift-\ as for many other keys)
2. "\" is often used as an escape code by various software products, so maybe the software does not know what to send for a single "\"

You can test this key by sending the output of your VR program to something else (notepad, input box in a browser, ...).
And you can change the hotkey in PF3's settings.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
melph
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:56 pm

That's strange, shouldn't be zero.....yes a few missing, but none no. One thing I have noticed is that when replying to ATC, with a Roger, the Co-pilot is quick and already changed the frequency to the next required so my Roger transmission probably never gets there. Will do some more testing.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:01 pm

melph wrote:
That's strange, shouldn't be zero.....yes a few missing, but none no. One thing I have noticed is that when replying to ATC, with a Roger, the Co-pilot is quick and already changed the frequency to the next required so my Roger transmission probably never gets there. Will do some more testing.
In VCP mode 1 the co-pilot does the roger for frequency changes (I already filed a bug report to make this optional), but since you are using VR and have disabled the co-pilot's voice, you do not hear that.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
melph
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:29 pm

OK, I might have now got to the root of the problem, although it has raised another problem.

I had not set PF3 PTT hotkey - therefore even though I could see my voice being output by MCE (multi crew experience), this obviously was not getting through to PF3.

In Multi Crew Experience, the PTT key is <DEL>
Therefore it makes sense to set the PF3 PTT key to <DEL>

Here's the problem - if I run the SIM and have MCE active, pressing the <DEL> key I can hear the radio background noise as the transmission is made. If however I then connect PF3 to the SIM, <DEL> no longer works with MCE (No radio noise).In MCE, normally pressing the PTT switch blocks out the Co-Pilot from listening (so as not to confuse ATC talk with commands) - but when PF3 is active as above, the <DEL> key does not block him out.

Looks like <DEL> key can't be shared? The alternative is I have to press two keys as PTT, one for PF3 and one for MCE - surely this can't be right?

Mark

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: