OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Taxiway instructions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
melph
Post subject: Re: Taxiway instructions
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:55 pm

I have set up the yoke so one button press activates two keys (one PTT each for MCE and PF3) and now things are working

Mark

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:14 pm
Site Admin

melph wrote:
I have set up the yoke so one button press activates two keys (one PTT each for MCE and PF3) and now things are working

Mark
Glad you have it sorted now

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:40 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
melph wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that when replying to ATC, with a Roger, the Co-pilot is quick and already changed the frequency to the next required so my Roger transmission probably never gets there. Will do some more testing.
In VCP mode 1 the co-pilot does the roger for frequency changes (I already filed a bug report to make this optional), but since you are using VR and have disabled the co-pilot's voice, you do not hear that.
This is fixed in 3.1.5 (or rather 3.1.4, but that was broken in other ways) by making the co-pilot wait for the change some time (the PTT timeout value) so you have time to do the Roger. In a short test I saw no adverse effects in doing this Roger call, even if your VCP would (silently) do it, too.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:49 pm
Site Admin

ThomasAH wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:
melph wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that when replying to ATC, with a Roger, the Co-pilot is quick and already changed the frequency to the next required so my Roger transmission probably never gets there. Will do some more testing.
In VCP mode 1 the co-pilot does the roger for frequency changes (I already filed a bug report to make this optional), but since you are using VR and have disabled the co-pilot's voice, you do not hear that.
This is fixed in 3.1.5 (or rather 3.1.4, but that was broken in other ways) by making the co-pilot wait for the change some time (the PTT timeout value) so you have time to do the Roger. In a short test I saw no adverse effects in doing this Roger call, even if your VCP would (silently) do it, too.
3,1,5 will be available later today once the tester have had time to check that I haven't broken something else :o

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: