OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Same pilot's voice for all AI-pilots

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
RALF9636
Post subject: Same pilot's voice for all AI-pilots
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:29 pm

On my last flight all the AI-pilots had the same voice I chose for my pilot's voice. I noticed that about halfway through my flight, don't know if it was like that from the beginning.

Thanks for looking at that.

Regards

Ralf

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 188 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Same pilot's voice for all AI-pilots
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:48 am

I looked at your log, it happens the first time at 22:16:53:
19.03.2016 21:16:25: 400 - SayPFSentence:- StdW\pfchat0M,StdW\pfac90M,StdW\pf9M,StdW\pf1M,StdW\pf4M,StdW\pfchat6M,pfclick
19.03.2016 21:16:25: 410 - Transcript: 'Ground Frontier 914 radio check  '
19.03.2016 22:16:53: 880 - SayPFSentence:- StdW\pfchat1M,StdW\pfchat89M,StdW\pf2M,StdW\pf5M,StdW\pf0M,StdW\pfac901M,StdW\pf5M,StdW\pf5M,StdW\pf7M,StdW\pf8M,pfclick
19.03.2016 22:16:53: 890 - Transcript: 'Roger Right 250 Skywest 5578  '
This is the same problem as reported in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1828 and we had it two times during the beta.
A workaround is to add more backup voices for the regions you fly in, but I'll put it on the internal bug list again so Dave can look into it.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:02 am

The lack of different voice sets shouldn't be a problem when flying in the US, should it? There is no region with more voice sets.

Thanks for looking at it again.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:15 pm

I had this problem again. This time it was exactly like described in the other topic mentioned above. Controllers (not all but some) had the same voice as my selected voice. Some (not all) AI pilots also. And no radio sound effect on the voice. VCP mode 2.

Please let me know if you need more logs to track this down.

Regards

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:25 pm
Site Admin

RALF9636 wrote:
I had this problem again. This time it was exactly like described in the other topic mentioned above. Controllers (not all but some) had the same voice as my selected voice. Some (not all) AI pilots also. And no radio sound effect on the voice. VCP mode 2.

Regards

Ralf
And were you using accelerated sim rate again?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:11 pm

dmarch wrote:
RALF9636 wrote:

Regards

Ralf
And were you using accelerated sim rate again?
Actually I was. But if I remember correctly the problem occured before. I'm sure you can see it from the logs.

Since you mentioned VCP Mode 2 in that other topic, just a shot in the dark: In both flights I cycled through the VCP modes more than once, having had the feeling the hotkey wasn't accepted at once.

I hope this log helps. I stopped PF3 with the task manager because I want to try to continue that flight tomorrow. And please don't wonder if this really is the correct route for the used aircraft... Just wanted to finally test the oceanic procedures... ;)

Ralf

Attachments
Logs (1).zip
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 194 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Just to let you know I was able to continue yesterday's flight with the restored data of PF3. PF3 worked fine, the problem with the voice sets was gone!

So until you find the reason for this odd behaviour a workaround seems to be just to close PF3 with the task manager and restart PF3.

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:43 pm

On my last flight there were again some AI pilots using the same (german) voice I selected and without the noise effects. Only german AI pilots were affected, all others had different voices.

I was using accelerated sim rate but I keep posting my logs until you tell me that you don't want to see my logs at all if I was using accelerated sim rate. ;)

Regards

Ralf

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 192 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:00 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
On my last flight there were again some AI pilots using the same (german) voice I selected and without the noise effects. Only german AI pilots were affected, all others had different voices.

I was using accelerated sim rate but I keep posting my logs until you tell me that you don't want to see my logs at all if I was using accelerated sim rate. ;)

Regards

Ralf
I think every time own voice or ATC and AI having the same voices they were German. So there's something odd with the algorithm for those particular voices stopping PF3 from choosing an alternative. It happens every time I fly into German and Austrian airspace.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:43 pm
Site Admin

I think I've identified the problem here. Ironically had you chosen any other German voice, other than the first one, the problem would not have occurred. However, this is not only an issue with the German voices. :)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: