OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Just want to see what others do.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
helix1250
Post subject: Just want to see what others do.
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi everyone,

If possible I'm hoping other users might be able to answer a few questions.

Okay been using PF3, I'm just trying to find out if what happens to me is normal.

Tonight did a flight and decent didn't quite go to plan, even though I tweeked the flight plan. Anyway that's not the issue/question.

During landing I found myself to high and decided to perform a go around. I announced to tower I was going, but I never recieved any comment or acknowledgement of the go around and all I got was to contact approach which I did. I then asked approach for vectors. Which they did!

Now is that correct or is that wrong?

The next item is tower landing clearance, it's recieved with contact ground when vacated runway. So I landed, vacated runway and contacted tower I had vacated. No reply, contacted ground and informed them I was clear of runway, no reply. Requested taxi to parking and after about 10 seconds was given taxi instructions.

Is that correct or once again is that wrong

Any feedback would be great :)

Cheers Rob

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Just want to see what others do.
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:15 am

A few quick thoughts. Are you using MCE? I'm thinking perhaps you are, as you have posted about it elsewhere. After vacating the runway, no need to tell Tower you have vacated. Tower has already instructed you to contact Ground on XXX.XX when clear of the active. After contacting Ground and reporting clear, you should receive a response. Eventually you did, but I don't know if the delay may be in some way related to the VR software.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:21 am

Thanks for the reply Dan, yes your right I am using MCE.

I had guessed it was ground i needed to contact after landing,

The guys at MCE are tweeking a few things so I just wanted to be clear if I was requesting the right thing from the right control :)

Has anyone done a go around (I'm sure someone has :)) and can tell me what comms are used, as I say, for me I reported a go around and tower just passed me to approach, but was that correct with no confirmation of from tower of my action?

Rob

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:55 am

Rob

I did a few go-arounds during beta testing. If memory serves me correctly you report go-around and tower instructs you to climb to an altitude. This may be one it selects itself (same as FAF altitude?) or if you have selected a missed approach altitude for that airport it will use that. Tower will then tell you to contact approach.

Peter

Peter

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 am
Site Admin

helix1250 wrote:
Hi everyone,

If possible I'm hoping other users might be able to answer a few questions.

Okay been using PF3, I'm just trying to find out if what happens to me is normal.

Tonight did a flight and decent didn't quite go to plan, even though I tweeked the flight plan. Anyway that's not the issue/question.

During landing I found myself to high and decided to perform a go around. I announced to tower I was going, but I never recieved any comment or acknowledgement of the go around and all I got was to contact approach which I did. I then asked approach for vectors. Which they did!

Now is that correct or is that wrong?

The next item is tower landing clearance, it's recieved with contact ground when vacated runway. So I landed, vacated runway and contacted tower I had vacated. No reply, contacted ground and informed them I was clear of runway, no reply. Requested taxi to parking and after about 10 seconds was given taxi instructions.

Is that correct or once again is that wrong

Any feedback would be great :)

Cheers Rob
A log file would have been useful to look at over breakfast ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi Dave,

Sorry I didn't attach logs as I am guessing that I am doing something wrong or in the incorrect sequence, hence me asking what others do :)

Anyway I have attached my logs for you to have a gander at :)

Regards Rob

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(932.31 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi Rob,

here is my experience with VCP mode 2:

Go-around:
I ask the VCP to declare a missed approach what he does. Tower tells me to climb to a certain altitude and to contact Approach. VCP contacts Approach. Approach tells me to maintain present heading and to expect vectors for a certain approach. Then I receive vectors, altitudes and speeds until I am cleared to final and told to contact Tower when established.

After landing:
While still on the runway Tower tells me to exit the runway left/right and to contact Ground when clear of the active. Some seconds after leaving the runway the VCP tunes to Ground and announces clear of the active. Ground tells me to hold position. VCP does not reply to that. A few seconds after the aircraft has come to a stop Ground gives me taxi clearance to the gate.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ralf

BTW: I've seen MCE is working on some issues with PF3. I assume that is because of your input and the Problem on approach you reported here a few days ago?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:21 pm
Site Admin

helix1250 wrote:
Hi Dave,

Sorry I didn't attach logs as I am guessing that I am doing something wrong or in the incorrect sequence, hence me asking what others do :)

Anyway I have attached my logs for you to have a gander at :)

Regards Rob
The log looks fine. You declared a missed approach and Tower correctly told you to maintain 3,000' and contact Approach

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:24 pm

@Ralf

Thank for the post and that's the information I needed, so thank you :) As for MCE, yes they are tweeking a few settings as a result of my post. im testing the updated settings tonight :)

@Dave,

Thanks for looking at the logs, very odd as I never heard the maintain 3000ft, all I recall was contact approach. I'll have another go tonight, it could be I'm going a bit mutton in my old age :)

Rob

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: