OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Oceanic Procedures

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
awralls
Post subject: Oceanic Procedures
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:11 am

Should the selection in the Oceanic Procedures dialogue by retained? I ask because I just tried to use it for the first time, selected the start and end points, selected save and started the flight. Nothing happened when I got to the start waypoint and by then PF3 had stopped responding. I went to have a look to make sure that I had entered a meaningful start and end point and there was no data recorded in the oceanic procedures dialogue. I then tried loading the same plan, re-entering the oceanic star/end points selecting Save/Use and exiting and then going back in. Sure enough, the start/end info was not retained.

I note that Adjust Altitude, SIDS and STARs and Holds Dialogue info is retained when saved so I had assumed the same would apply to Oceanic Procedures.

Whatever, it's not working for me.

Andy

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Oceanic Procedures
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:56 pm

It is not stored yet, I added an entry to the wish list.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks very much, Thomas.

While I'm on the subject.... What exactly should I expect from Oceanic Procedures when not crossing between Shanwck and Gander? I'm currently crossing GOOY-SBRF. Somewhat before reaching the Start waypoint for the OPs, I received a handoff, but no mention of oceanic procedures was included. At the first waypoint after entering what I assume is now the Oceanic FIR my VCP gave some sort of position report (the format was nothing like it would have been in reality). On passing the next waypoint, he kept silent, although PF3 Display showed that the waypoint had incremented. I'm struggling to see what has materially changed by adopting OPs.

Andy

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:49 am
Site Admin

Andy,

OP should work the same for any flight plan you define it. If you don't believe something has worked correctly please upload all the logs from the PF3\Logs folder so I can check it out

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
awralls
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Dave, thanks; will do. Can you tell me how I know it's working as advertised? For example, should I be hearing SELCAL tones prior to comms from ATC? I recall that when I set up the flight and went into the Oceanic dialog to set the start and end points, the double click for the end point didn't seem to 'take' first time so I repeated it. I'm now wondering if that's the issue. Anyway, I'll send the logs.... Still flying it at present.

Andy

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:33 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
For example, should I be hearing SELCAL tones prior to comms from ATC
Yes sir you should

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: