OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Okay i'm in need of clarification

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
helix1250
Post subject: Okay i'm in need of clarification
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:42 pm

Okay I am hoping that someone can help.

I have been flying the same route a few times now, its EGKK to EGFF. I am using this route so I can get used to using PF3 and MCE, its a short flight which is great practice.

Anyway Take off, cruise and decent is fine. Its the final part approach to tower transition. Let me tell you whats happening and perhaps someone can tell me where I am going wrong!

I am issued vectors and decent which is fine, I am vectored in by approach and as I am turned for the ILS feather. As I approach the ILS I am cleared by approach to land for runway 12 and to contact tower when established. I confirm with approach that I am cleared to land via runway 12 and then switch to tower frequency

Then I check in and I get no reply from tower, I have tried going around and trying again, even on the second approach I get no reply.

Now I am guessing that I am doing something wrong, when I have flown before I am given vectors for approach and then handed off to tower for landing clearance. But I am confused now as it might appear that Approach is giving me landing clearance and not tower. But after landing and taxing clear of the runway I ask tower for taxi to gate and low and behold tower gives me taxi instructions.

So can some one tell me where I am going wrong here? I can supply logs if needed.

Regards Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Okay i'm in need of clarification
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:00 pm
Site Admin

Hi Rob,

Yes I'd like to see the logs please because Approach should not be giving you permission to land... that's Tower's job.

As for tuning to Tower and checking in to Land you are aware that's hotkey #1 and not the normal hotkey #0, aren't you? :D

Please upload logs and I'll take a look

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, and please find attached the full log files.

I was aware that I can use #1 for the landing check in phase ;) I have been using MCE so been trying to avoid using the keyboard if I could.

I was very confused when I was given landing clearance from approach, I have always been given the clearance from tower in the past, by that I mean on Vatsim or IVAO or even other offline ATC. So as a result I think that It then has thrown me as to what MCE commands that should be used next and it all goes wrong.

Anyway if you could look at the logs and see if what I am saying is right or I'm talking a load of old tosh I would appreciate it :)
Regards Rob

Attachments
Logs.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 161 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:45 pm
Site Admin

Hi Rob,

Approach didn't actually give you landing clearance... here's what they said:

3/15/2016 11:25:53: 470 - Transcript: 'Sky Eyes 3570 Cleared for the ILS runway 12 Approach Contact Tower on 125.0 when established. descend on ILS

So they cleared you for the approach to Rwy 12 and told you to contact Tower when you were established.

Shortly after you changed you COM frequency to Tower but then hit hotkey #0 (should have been #1) and that key is simply ignored as it's only used for requesting takeoff clearance.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks Dave,

I guess I am not getting it right with MCE then, I'll go back and see if I can see where I went wrong.

Thank you for checking for me :)

And thanks for not saying I was talking tosh ;)

Rob

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: