OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

RemoteTest issues

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
TheDuke
Post subject: RemoteTest issues
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:17 am

After the dBase buildup problem (see my post 9th March) I started to continue my tests on the DEMO PF3 and ran into some issues with the RemoteText.exe.

First I tested it on my notebook, where PF3 resides. There it connected OK. More about that later.

But I want to have the remotetext window in the bottom right corner of my VC, which is far better than the FSUIPC popup and better in terms of options as well. So I copied the exe to the other computer where P3Dv3 resides in C:\Pf3 RemoteText\. I exluded this directory from my virusscanner to avoid problems of that kind. Then I clicked the exe (as administrator) and saw in explorer that the ini file was created. Further NOTHING happened. No popup to ask me on what IP or computername to find PF3. Just NOTHING. When I checked the Task Manager it was not in the list. The program simply died.

Then I went back to the notebook for further testing. My options setting were:
Show TX's to / from YOU only (No AI TX)
Show Your TX's to ATC
and all 3 boxes checked.
TGS was active with its program on the same notebook.
Further configuration details: see my signature.
When flying I see nothing from ATC, but I do see mine.
So I switched to 'Show ALL ATC TX's for all aircraft'
...and then I do see everything.
But: the highlight text, which I gave a different color, was not different from standard text. Everything had the same color. The toggle however, does give me different colors.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that on the Option #1 page of the demo version the selection lists for the voices are greyed out. It's just a rough guess.

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: RemoteTest issues
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:47 am
Site Admin

Hi Dirk

When RemoteText died on you were you running in full screen mode? You may also want to try installing the PF3 runtimes on that machine as per our FAQs

As for the other issue regarding some options not doing what they should, they have already been reported and are somewhere on my list f things to check out, but I'm obviously concentrating on PF3 at this time ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:21 am

Hi Dave,

I was not on any kind of mode to be honest. I started PF3 on the notebook as the one and only application running. Then I started remotetext on the notebook as well to see if it connects. It did, so I closed it. Then I went to the PC and tried to start remotetext as the only program running. It bailed out in less than a second.
Then I closed PF3 on the notebook; ran the PF3_runtimes.exe on the PC; started Prepar3Dv3 on the PC; started WideFS Client on the notebook; waited until is was connected; started PF3 on the notebook; went to the PC; deleted the ini; started remotetext again; saw a new ini created and the remotetext program bailing out.

I run Prepar3D in Virtual Cockpit in fullscreen mode on my 32" display unit. For the time being I think I go back to use the notebook until this problem is solved.

Greetings,

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:28 am
Site Admin

Firewall on your PC blocking the RemoteText port perhaps? It defaults to 1008. Also, what about the server name entry in the INI file. Are you using PC name or IP address, try switching that

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:05 am

Like I said, it did not even get to that point. The program aborts before the display popup to fill in the computername or IP address. I even tried to update the ini, setting the first use on 1 and the computername like it is in the ini file on my notebook. It did not came alive. Then I switched of the firewall and that did not help either.

If it had been my case to solve, I would check the source listing of the program, to see what the heck the thing is doing after creating the ini file and before displaying the the popup to fill in the computername/IP. Maybe that shines some light on why remotetext does not come alive. Even if it has something to do with my specific iron or OS.

But please move it all the way down on your todo-list. There must be more urgent matters to solve. ;)

Dirk

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:38 am

One more thing. Although I did not get errors on the port number and 1008 is a free number, I gave it a try changing the port number in 15737 (my EFB uses 15747 so I thought this was a nice one). With both firewalls off, PF3 set to the new port number, the ini file on the PC set to the new number, leaving firt use on 1 and the computername filled in, I had the same outcome. So it is not the port number and not the firewall for sure.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:03 am
Site Admin

It looks like RemoteText thinks your Winsock is preoccupied with something else.

Try the attached, you should get a popup telling you Winsock is already connected... select to ignore the message and see what happens.

Attachments
remotetext.zip
(22.48 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Well.... it starts to get monotonously. That did not do it, I'm sorry to say. Nothing happens after the new ini is created.

Dirk

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: