OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

TGS is on and showing a heading at FS9 startup

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 31 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
martinlest
Post subject: TGS is on and showing a heading at FS9 startup
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:06 pm

I waited till I saw this wasn't a one-off, but no, after a week it is clear that, every flight, the TGS gauge (the stand alone one, on a second screen) is lit up showing a heading as soon as I unpause FS9 at the very start of things. It used to come on when ATC gave taxi instructions.... but now it is engaged before I have even contacted ATC for clearance. It was fine last week - and I never saw this in PFE. Is there a way to 'clear'/'reset' TGS?

(I also notice BTW that during a flight, the TGS window is often completely white. It does come back in the end, but is that a sign something is amiss?).

Not a HUGE issue (!) but I thought I'd flag it up...

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: TGS is on and showing a heading at FS9 startup
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Quote:
...it is clear that, every flight, the TGS gauge
It happens SO often like this! &^%$'s Law.....

In my next flight after that post, TGS was OK and didn't start prematurely. I'll keep watching it though ... !

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:40 pm

OK, even before I have unpaused FS9 right at the start, TGS (stand alone gauge, on 2nd. monitor) is back to starting up every time with green side bars lit up and the green dot already showing a heading. The TGS.ini file just shows

[Config]
FirstRun=1

and the debug file is blank. How do I reset TGS so that it only shows the taxi path after I get that information from ATC and begin to taxi (as it used to)? There seems nothing to 'reset'.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:05 pm
Site Admin

Sorry for asking the obvious but you do have Wideclient running on you TGS Display PC din't you?

I have been testing the TGD Display program here most of the morning, without seeing such problems

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi. I am running TGS on the same PC as FS9 - so no, I don't have Wideclient installed.

This is a new problem with PF3 - in PFE it didn't happen. TGS actually starts up showing a heading and the bars left and right lit as soon as I connect PF3 to FS9 (every time). To be honest, it also often (at random and various airports) wants me to head in a direction taking me well away from my assigned runway (and if I follow it, tells me I have reached that runway when I am half way across the airport from the runway I want!). I have run MakeRunways and updated the PF3 database, but that doesn't seem to help at all.

The in cockpit gauge comes to life (and works) in about 1% of flights (if that); I'm wondering whether just to abandon TGS as it doesn't seem to like my FS9 setup somehow. The voice prompts usually work really well though and I find that the most useful, so I could just retain that. (If only the in cockpit gauge could be made to work, but I know you have been tearing your hair out with that for a long time now!).

Martin

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:18 pm

martinlest wrote:
Hi. I am running TGS on the same PC as FS9 - so no, I don't have Wideclient installed.

This is a new problem with PF3 - in PFE it didn't happen. TGS actually starts up showing a heading and the bars left and right lit as soon as I connect PF3 to FS9 (every time). To be honest, it also often (at random and various airports) wants me to head in a direction taking me well away from my assigned runway (and if I follow it, tells me I have reached that runway when I am half way across the airport from the runway I want!). I have run MakeRunways and updated the PF3 database, but that doesn't seem to help at all.

The in cockpit gauge comes to life (and works) in about 1% of flights (if that); I'm wondering whether just to abandon TGS as it doesn't seem to like my FS9 setup somehow. The voice prompts usually work really well though and I find that the most useful, so I could just retain that. (If only the in cockpit gauge could be made to work, but I know you have been tearing your hair out with that for a long time now!).

Martin
I have only ever used the voice prompt. Because it has never failed me? The only time is if I push back facing the wrong way.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Yes, odd that (it seems to me) the cleverest of the TGS options is the one that works most consistently well. I've stopped using TGS monitors now and will rely on the audio prompt

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:07 pm

martinlest wrote:
Yes, odd that (it seems to me) the cleverest of the TGS options is the one that works most consistently well. I've stopped using TGS monitors now and will rely on the audio prompt
One of the reasons I use it is that for me it seems more realistic. Here for example at about 1:50+ "Echo Whiskey 'should be?' the next one on the left!" Now that's realism for you!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm confused now - the 'should be next one on the left...' is really the TGS prompt, is it? Which PF3 voices have you selected for that video (pilot and voice prompt)? They sound more 'natural' than the ones I've been choosing ...

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:22 am

.... if that really is the TGS prompt speaking, how come he's so natural and chatty? I just assumed it was you talking... My TGS man/woman is lot more 'functional' - all I get is ''turn right onto taxiway bravo two..... bear left.... bear left.... steady..." and so on. (Hence my confusion). How have you got yours to sound like this?

Just noticed that Dave L has written a new PF3 guide to installing the cockpit TGS gauge into aircraft... I thought the guys had more or less given up with that gauge in frustration. I still have it in many of my aircraft, but it almost never comes to life. I may give it another try, to supplement the voice prompts..

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 31 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: