OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

TGS is on and showing a heading at FS9 startup

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 31 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: TGS is on and showing a heading at FS9 startup
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:08 am

martinlest wrote:
I'm confused now - the 'should be next one on the left...' is really the TGS prompt, is it? Which PF3 voices have you selected for that video (pilot and voice prompt)? They sound more 'natural' than the ones I've been choosing ...
I was trying to demonstrate why I prefer a voice prompt. As you can see from the video voice prompts can be quite accurate!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:21 am

Yes, but where's the voice coming from? That's not the TGS voice

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:48 am

Martin, I guess the confusion is because you did not yet realize that it is a REAL WORLD video.

Great that the sims we have today sometimes make it hard to see the difference.

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:18 am

RALF9636 wrote:
Martin, I guess the confusion is because you did not yet realize that it is a REAL WORLD video.

Great that the sims we have today sometimes make it hard to see the difference.

Ralf
Now you see why I prefer the voice TGS. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:17 am

To be honest, I was being polite! I didn't like to come out and say any more than "that's not a TGS voice" - people take offence and as I wasn't 100% sure anyway. :) I certainly wondered, if genuine, how on earth you managed to get FS9 sound like that - the fog meant I wasn't sure either whether it was a sim (I assumed FSX with those 'graphics') or real world

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:04 pm

martinlest wrote:
To be honest, I was being polite! I didn't like to come out and say any more than "that's not a TGS voice" - people take offence and as I wasn't 100% sure anyway. :) I certainly wondered, if genuine, how on earth you managed to get FS9 sound like that - the fog meant I wasn't sure either whether it was a sim (I assumed FSX with those 'graphics') or real world
Well, this is what FS9 can do :)
[ attachment ]
misty2.jpg (56.77 KiB) Viewed 2360 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:41 pm

THE GOOD NEWS:

I reinstalled the TGS as a windowed gauge, and on my first flight afterwards, the cockpit gauge actaully lit up and worked! Miracles never cease. The audio prompt worked in tandem with it.

THE BAD NEWS:

As at so many airports (this is not rare), TGS decides I have reached the runway when I am nowhere near it. On this occasion I was flying from Eiresim's EGGW, but as I say, I would (very roughly) estimate that perhaps 20% of my airports have this problem. My MakeRunways is up to date and I have rebuilt the PF3 database. Anything more I can do to get PF3 to see where the runways actually are? On the occasions I have checked, the places that TGS think are runway start points do not even coincide with the default AP******.bgl files..

(Your video inspired me to ditch Active Sky for a while, Vololiberista, and use FS9 custom weather - I'm currently flying EGGW-EGAA with 1/2 mile visibility at ground level, overcast and medium heavy rain, i.e. standard UK weather... Fun!).

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:56 pm
Site Admin

TGS simply uses the Taxiway and Taxilink data from FS (via MakeRwys) so I guess not all airports are that accurate. If you could give me an example (or even the log file) I will take a look just in case we have a bug in the routine but my guess is it's the data... I'm not saying the data is wrong or that it's a problem with MakeRwys, I'm just saying if the last taxi waypoint is referenced as X then that's where TGS will guide you to.

Anyway, let's have the log please

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:12 pm

The debug_monitor.log, yes?

There is another issue, which it would be good if you'd look at as well while you are reading the log file. I was not cleared to descend further than 8000' as I approached EGAA. ATC told me, about 20 miles from the airport, to turn to 280 degs for rwy25 (about right), but to descend on the ILS from 8000'. At that close distance, totally impossible of course. If I was cleared and missed it, I am not getting any nags at all. My FAF is set at 7 miles and 2500'.

I circled away at 17.05 (time) and started to descend at 17.11, as you'll perhaps see in the log..

Again, had this issue (as have others apparently) before - at different locations. ATC stops giving descent instructions at some point.

Will attach log very shortly (have to go get it from my FS PC).

M

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:31 pm

OK, attached

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(366.2 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 31 posts ]