OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

How to kill the kneeboard?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: How to kill the kneeboard?
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Whether I use the FS Kneeboard or the ACARS option, the window doesn't appear until just after I put FS9 into full screen mode. When the ACARS ATIS window opens, it immediately minimises FS9 to the taskbar, even though it is now opening on my second monitor. The kneeboard doesn't minimise FS, but it won't open on the 2nd. monitor, only the main one, behind FS9, so I can't see it anyway unless I keep pressing F10 until it closes and then restarts. It doesn't really like this though and quite often the window hangs and goes white after a while.

How is it that the kneeboard opens automatically now? I guess this is new in PF3 - I didn't have it in PFE. Actually, I really don't want the kneeboard or the ACARS windows (I have all the COMM frequencies in FS Navigator, which I always run), but I don't see how to stop the kneeboard loading every flight, now I have unchecked the ACARS option. Have searched through the PF3 pdf manual for 'kneeboard' but didn't see a way to stop it loading unbidden. Could someone kindly advise how to set this?

Thanks!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: How to kill the kneeboard?
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:07 pm
Site Admin

Options #2, Advanced Options and Ini File Tweaks, in the centre of the display you'll see COMs and at the bottom of that an item named 'Display COMs'. Set that timer to zero and it will turn the feature off

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: How to kill the kneeboard?
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Will do. Thanks for the quick reply, as ever...

Martin

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: