OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

CYYC RWys are not updating

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
TheNorthernAlex
Post subject: CYYC RWys are not updating
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Hello everbody,

my first post here and i wanted it to be something different but, I have a problem with my RWYs at CYYC, I purchased CYYC from SImAddons and I rebuild the database time and time again following the PDF to the T. However still when I want to edit SIDs/STARs in PF3 it shows me the old RWYs and not the new ones.

I deleted the R5 T5 etc and started from the scratch. I must be missing something but i am out of Ideas at this point. I should add that I deleted all other CYYC.bgls that I found.

If anybody has an Idea please let me know.

Besides that problem I love PF3 in conjunction with MEC

I am no real Pilot, but i tried pretty much every other ATC program out there and this is the best for me.

Thank you for your time,

Alex

Just a guy who loves Simulators and shares that passion on YouTube

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: CYYC RWys are not updating
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:02 pm

TheNorthernAlex wrote:
Hello everbody,

my first post here and i wanted it to be something different but, I have a problem with my RWYs at CYYC, I purchased CYYC from SImAddons and I rebuild the database time and time again following the PDF to the T. However still when I want to edit SIDs/STARs in PF3 it shows me the old RWYs and not the new ones.

I deleted the R5 T5 etc and started from the scratch. I must be missing something but i am out of Ideas at this point. I should add that I deleted all other CYYC.bgls that I found.

I am no real Pilot, but i tried pretty much every other ATC program out there and this is the best for me.

Thank you for your time,

Alex
Assuming that the new airport scenery for CYYC that you have also includes an afcad. You did load it into the sim first? and then you ran makerwys? And then you ran PF3 update? You only need to delete the bgls for new scenery for CYYC not the default. Are you sure that the new scenery has new runways and not old ones?
I would backtrack and reinstall your airport up to the point before you installed your new scenery. Run makerwys, update PF3. Install the new scenery over the top i.e. make it higher up the list in the sim then run makerwys again and then update PF3. PF3 is reading makerwys so if that's wrong so will PF3 be.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:59 pm

Please remove your links by 12th March 2016....no personal advertising allowed...thank you

Forum Moderator

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:14 pm
Site Admin

TheNorthernAlex wrote:
Hello everbody,

Thank you for your time,

Alex
What SIM are you using?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheNorthernAlex
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:29 pm

dmarch wrote:

What SIM are you using?
Prepar3d V3

now here's the kicker, i flew into CYYC and the new runways are there, I am getting the proper landing clearance but when I go to the SID/STAR manager it still only shows the old RWYs

Just a guy who loves Simulators and shares that passion on YouTube

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:35 pm
Site Admin

TheNorthernAlex wrote:
dmarch wrote:

What SIM are you using?
Prepar3d V3

now here's the kicker, i flew into CYYC and the new runways are there, I am getting the proper landing clearance but when I go to the SID/STAR manager it still only shows the old RWYs
Okay, this is a known problem that has been addressed in the next maintenance release, due sometime over the weekend.

Assuming you only have P3D installed I think you'll find the FSX data files are being updated when you rebuild the database, so the easy workaround is to simply rename the PF3_FSX files in the Data folder to PF3_P3D

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: