OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

TGS re-activation and wind on landing clearance

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
RALF9636
Post subject: TGS re-activation and wind on landing clearance
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Two issues I encountered on my last flight (noticed them before but now I have a log for you ;) )

I have TGS activated in the options (a great feature!). But I tend to turn it off when the remaining taxi path becomes quite clear. But then I am not able to activate it again. Pressing the hotkey has no effect.
A question in this context: If I have TGS activated in the options but deactivate it in my way to the takeoff, will it automatically be active again after landing corresponding to the options setting? Or do i have to activate it again after landing? I would prefer the former.

The other issue is the following: When cleared to land tower informs about the wind. But that wind is always the wind at the aircraft's current position and altitude exactly as shown in the navigational display of my Airbus. It should be the surface wind at the airport instead.

Keep up your great work!

Regards

Ralf

Attachments
Logs (2).zip
(421.37 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: TGS re-activation and wind on landing clearance
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:35 pm
Site Admin

You should be able to toggle TGS On/Off during your taxi, if you can't please supply a log so I can take a look.

As for weather we use the local weather station

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:43 pm

I did supply a log. Anything wrong with the files? In that case I will provide another log after my next flight.

What about my question regarding the behaviour between takeoff and landing?

As I said the wind information provided with the landing clearance is not the airport surface wind but the current ambient wind for the aircraft. That is using Opus weather and P3D V3.

These are no big deals and I'm not complaining, just trying to help further improve your software.

Thank you.

Last edited by RALF9636 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:48 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
I did supply a log. Anything wrong with the files? In that case I will provide another log after my next flight.

As I said the wind information provided with the landing clearance is not the airport surface Wind but the current ambient wind for the aircraft. That is using Opus weather and P3D.

Thank you.
As for the wind Ralph, what you need to do is to fly to an airport that has a resident reporting station METAR report. When landing compare the landing clearance wind report with the actual METAR. So obviously the METAR has to have the same ICAO code! A discrepancy of 5knots or less though can be discounted.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:44 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
If I have TGS activated in the options but deactivate it in my way to the takeoff, will it automatically be active again after landing corresponding to the options setting? Or do i have to activate it again after landing? I would prefer the former.
If I understand your question correctly, I believe the former is the case. In other words, if you are using TGS at your departure airport and toggle it off using the hotkey, I think it will activate normally after landing.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:28 pm
Site Admin

RALF9636 wrote:
Apologies, you did indeed and I've taken a good look
Quote:
I noticed with your flight that TGS did actually start (as normal) after you received taxi instructions at your destination, but then abruptly stopped. I have now discovered why and the fix will be in the next maintenance release... hopefully at the end of this week
Quote:
As I said the wind information provided with the landing clearance is not the airport surface wind but the current ambient wind for the aircraft. That is using Opus weather and P3D V3.
Yes I think I can see how this could happen intermittently... just testing it now and it will be in the next release

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Great. Thank you!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 pm

Dan77 wrote:
RALF9636 wrote:
If I have TGS activated in the options but deactivate it in my way to the takeoff, will it automatically be active again after landing corresponding to the options setting? Or do i have to activate it again after landing? I would prefer the former.
If I understand your question correctly, I believe the former is the case. In other words, if you are using TGS at your departure airport and toggle it off using the hotkey, I think it will activate normally after landing.
That's exactly what I meant. Thank you.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:16 pm

dmarch wrote:
You should be able to toggle TGS On/Off during your taxi, if you can't please supply a log so I can take a look.

As for weather we use the local weather station
Dave,

I wrote a post too about it was not possible to reactivate TGS : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1869

"-CP Mode 2
-All Taxi Guidance System ticked.
-After taxi clearance I push key "1" : TGS deactivated message ok.
-Push key "c/s/w : no answer !
-Push key "1" to reactivate TGS. it don't work. TGS stays deactivated with the same deactivated message !"

You wrote : "You should be able to toggle TGS On/Off during your taxi"

I don't know if this is the problem but it would be necessary to have this option at the gate before taxiing

FSX, PF3 Full version. Logs attached...

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier

Attachments
Logs.zip
(635.56 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: