OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New and old RWY# are mixed

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
TheDuke
Post subject: New and old RWY# are mixed
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:37 am

Hi,

I am evaluating the DEMO version on a networked configuration and experience a weird problem.

I made a testflight from EHGG to EHBK. EHGG has RWY 05-23 which was previously 04-22. I use AivlaSoft EFB with a Navigraph update, so I had to update the bgl's by a program by Hervé Sors http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html that updates everything like RWY#, ILS's, etc. to have everything in line with Navigraph world wide.

When I tried to fill in the SID/STAR page of EHGG, it came up with 04-22 instead of 05-23. Taxi instructions were for the 04 also. Same problem for EHBK: old numbers and in a second testflight to LFST wrong (probably old) taxiway names. But sometimes ATC comes up with the right (new) RWY#'s.

I checked the Runways.txt file, because I thought that maybe makerwys.exe was finding the backupped original bgl's (by Hervé's program) and included that in the Runways.txt. That was not the case. New RWY#'s only.

I think PF3 'finds' the old RWY and taxiway data somewhere, and I have to delete/rebuild that. But what and where?

By the way, my compliments for an outstanding quality of this product.

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Post subject: Re: New and old RWY# are mixed
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:56 am

HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!
Just one minute ago I fired up PF3 again and now EHGG has the new RWY numbers.
Problem probably solved

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:46 am
Site Admin

With your title Sir you should expect PF3 to be a little nervous at first... we don't have many royal subscribers. :roll:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:34 am

:D :D :D :D :D

It's just because I fly RealAir's Turbine Duke.

I started to check a bit better. Here is what happens.
When I check my AivlaSoft EFB for EHBK it's RWY 03-21
When I check the SID/STAR page of PF3 it's RWY 04-22
When I check Runways.txt it's 03-21

I did build the PF3 database from that Runways.txt file.
But this file must have been used, because the now obsolete old RWY07-25 is not mentioned on the page. Not even marked as 'X'.

So I presume that there is some 'old stuff' getting in the way.

Dirk

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:18 pm
Site Admin

Well PF3 doesn't get its data from anywhere else other than what gets generated from MakeRwys. Did the MakeRwys and PF3 DB Rebuild both work with no error messages?

If you would like to zip and upload all the relevant files for your sim from the PF3\Data folder I'll take a look. If you're using FS9 the files are named PF3_FS9*.* for FSX they are PF3_FSX*.*, etc. I'd also like to see your Runways.CSV file.

Thanks

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:45 pm

After the DB build and closing the DB page and the Option page it runs into a windows error popup telling me that the program is not working atc.

What I've found is, that in Data 2 ...P3D files are of todays date but the 5 others are not. I see new dates in the ..FSX files.

See attached files. I had to rename the extension of the csv.

Dirk

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:49 pm
Site Admin

There's nothing attached! :shock:

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Sorry, there must have been an error in the upload. I'll try again.

My windows event log tells me that the module that caused the error is SkinCrafter2.dll

In the attached zip only the P3D files are included. The date/time stamp tells me that these are the original demo files. The updated ones are FSX.

Dirk

Attachments
PF3-Data.zip
file runways.csv is included in the zip
(7.93 MiB) Downloaded 160 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 pm
Site Admin

Does this LINK help?

It can be found under the Useful Links post ;)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:01 pm

That did not help. I am using version 3.0.3 and all files were there for 3 sims.

My PC was clean when I installed P3Dv3 on it. Not other simulator is or was present. In the P3Dv3 root the Prepar3D.exe is the only one.

I tried to be smart and copied/renamed the updated PF3_FSX files over the PF3_P3D files. But that did not work. For control I went to the SID/STAR page and checked having the bullet on P3D: old numbers. However, when I switch the bullet to FSX: correct number. I presume the indix (if any) might be pointing to the FSX files. Or.....
PF3 still 'thinks' that I'm on FSX for no good reason.

Later today I'll make a new build up with makerwys, and do another database rebuild for PF3. But.... I really don't expect a different outsome using the same program.

And... after being in application software for over 25 years.... nothing surprises me. :lol:

Dirk

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: