OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New and old RWY# are mixed

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
TheDuke
Post subject: Re: New and old RWY# are mixed
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:15 pm

The version log reads 2.999.45

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:54 pm
Site Admin

Well what version of PF3 are you using, the demo of the full version, as you quoted both in your previous posts. :shock:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:20 pm

I am still on the DEMO version. By my knowledge I never stated anything else. Could this be the reason?

Allright. I made a rerun of makerwys.exe V.4.696 (most recent) this PM.

PF3 goes to my other PC where P3D resides in the P3D root directory where I selected the newborn runways.csv 8-3-2016 15:28. Then PF3 starts to build the database.

When completed I exit the database page and after that the option page and PF3 crashes for the same reason as described before. Sin ce this has probably something to do with the skin (I use the PF3 default) I don't care and restart the program.

Then I check the SID/STAR page for EHBK (P3D) and it comes up with the old RWY# 04-22. When I select FSX, I get the new ones 03-21, which are in the runways.csv.

Looking in the Data directory, I see:
ATIS_FSX.dat is updated; 4 x LU* are updated; 5 x PF3_FSX are updated; 2 x PF3FSXData are updated; and the rest of the files are untouched.

In my humble opinion, PF3 has the idiea that I'm on FSX instead of P3D doing the database buildup.

There must be something wrong somewhere.

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
djsmithfl
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:34 pm

I have the same problem KTPA.. The data is not updating even though it says it has completed.. My question is..the runuway file (xml csv) we are using does not contain any runway info, it looks like we should be using runways.xml file as it contains the runway information..

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:42 pm
Site Admin

TheDuke wrote:
I am still on the DEMO version. By my knowledge I never stated anything else. Could this be the reason?
Quote:
That did not help. I am using version 3.0.3 and all files were there for 3 sims.
That's what threw me! :o

Quote:
Allright. I made a rerun of makerwys.exe V.4.696 (most recent) this PM.

PF3 goes to my other PC where P3D resides in the P3D root directory where I selected the newborn runways.csv 8-3-2016 15:28. Then PF3 starts to build the database.

When completed I exit the database page and after that the option page and PF3 crashes for the same reason as described before. Sin ce this has probably something to do with the skin (I use the PF3 default) I don't care and restart the program.
If you turn skins off completely it won't happen at all ;)
Quote:
Then I check the SID/STAR page for EHBK (P3D) and it comes up with the old RWY# 04-22. When I select FSX, I get the new ones 03-21, which are in the runways.csv.

Looking in the Data directory, I see:
ATIS_FSX.dat is updated; 4 x LU* are updated; 5 x PF3_FSX are updated; 2 x PF3FSXData are updated; and the rest of the files are untouched.

In my humble opinion, PF3 has the idiea that I'm on FSX instead of P3D doing the database buildup.

There must be something wrong somewhere.

Dirk
And you definitely don't have a dummy FSX.EXE file in your P3D folder?

Have a look at the Rebuild section in the PF3.INI file, it will tell you there what FS PF3 thinks you're using. When you first run PF3 this entry will be empty and then updated the first time you do a rebuild. After that this will be the FS folder the rebuild will default to when you're prompted to select the CSV file so if it thinks you're running FSX it will have opened in the FSX folder and you might have then selected the wrong CSV file.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:44 pm
Site Admin

djsmithfl wrote:
I have the same problem KTPA.. The data is not updating even though it says it has completed.. My question is..the runuway file (xml csv) we are using does not contain any runway info, it looks like we should be using runways.xml file as it contains the runway information..
Nope, the CSV file is correct one to select and the XML file is also used.

So which sim are you using... if it's P3D have you got a dummy FS9/FSX file in the main P3D folder, probably left by one of those installer progs?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:49 pm

There has never been an installation of FSX on this piece of iron ever. It came from the shop with W10 and after that I installed P3Dv3 as the one and only flight simulator.

The rebuild section in the PF3.ini is:
[Rebuild]
P3DPath=\\DIRK-PC\P3Dv3 Root\
FSXPath=\\DIRK-PC\P3Dv3 Root\
LastRebuild=4-3-2016 13:35:25
LastFS=8

My guess is, that I have to delete the FSX line. How this did get there is a miracle.
Am I right?

Dirk

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:36 pm
Site Admin

Change LastFS=8 to 10

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:43 am

I'm sorry to say that this did not help.

I left the FSX path line in the ini file out and changed 8 into 10 as instructed.
Then I ran a new makerwys.
Then I did a rebuild of the database.
And...
All FSX items in the Data dir have a new date/time
All P3D items are unchainged.

Good that I did not take a whiskey every time you post a 'cheers'. I would have been passed out by now. :lol:

Dirk

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:19 am
Site Admin

Okay, I've found the problem... there will be a new maintenance release hopefully by the end of the week and I will refresh the demo at the same time. In the meantime simply rename all you PF3_FSX files in the PF3\Data folder to PF3_P3D

Thanks for all the feedback and my apologise for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: