OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Chosen Runway for takeoff

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 6  [ 52 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Chosen Runway for takeoff
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:23 am
Site Admin

benjoglove wrote:
Ok just playing around further when AI aircraft initiate on loading of fsx ie there are other AI planes using comms then I get instructed to Rwy 16. I get Rwy 34 when i dont here any AI aircraft communicating. What would cause it being so intermittent? I use My traffic. Thanks.
Please recreate and then upload all the files from your PF3\Logs folder so I can check out what's happenwing when you given Rwy 34... there will be a simple explanation I'm sure. You could obviously close 34 for PF3 use

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:02 am

Thanks will recreate flight tomorrow. Would rather keep all open. Will post logs tomorrow. Cheers.

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:15 am

New logs with PF3 choosing Rwy 34 today.

Attachments
Logs.zip
(301.81 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:06 am

Ok so I think I have solved this one. Whenever I wait for AI traffic to fire up (around five minutes) I get rwy 16. Guess well leave it at that and jsut wait those 5 minutes to get chosen rwy.

Profile Quote
mach2000
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:41 am

I had the same issue yesterday on a flight out of KIAH. The winds were out of the south (190/8 if I remember correctly), the ATIS advertised runway 15L in use and all the AI traffic appeared to be going to 15L; but when I called ground, I was told to taxi to runway 33R :shock:

The zipped logs are attached. I also had issues when contacting ground at my destination (KLBB)... I never heard any taxi instructions from ground; but the pilot read back instructions as if they had been issued.

Attachments
Logs_KIAH_KLBB.zip
(732.76 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 am

mach2000 wrote:
I had the same issue yesterday on a flight out of KIAH. The winds were out of the south (190/8 if I remember correctly), the ATIS advertised runway 15L in use and all the AI traffic appeared to be going to 15L; but when I called ground, I was told to taxi to runway 33R :shock:

The zipped logs are attached. I also had issues when contacting ground at my destination (KLBB)... I never heard any taxi instructions from ground; but the pilot read back instructions as if they had been issued.
Mach2000 so you had AI traffic talking to ATC (PF3) before requesting clearance and got Rwy different to AI. I only get it when I havent waited for the AI to fire up and then I get in que and they give me the same runway as AI.

I have posted another topic re the ground issue and PF3 dying once landed. I dont even get pilot read back so thats interesting. Maybe post that section in my other post so we keep it seperate? Here is the link to the post viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1936

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:53 am

benjoglove wrote:
mach2000 wrote:

Mach2000 so you had AI traffic talking to ATC (PF3) before requesting clearance and got Rwy different to AI. I only get it when I havent waited for the AI to fire up and then I get in que and they give me the same runway as AI.

I have posted another topic re the ground issue and PF3 dying once landed. I dont even get pilot read back so thats interesting. Maybe post that section in my other post so we keep it seperate? Here is the link to the post viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1936
As far as I am aware PF3 checks the AI first. It's possible that if any AI was on the correct runway but facing the wrong direction that PF3 determined that that was the take-off direction. Repeat the flight and add the logs.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:51 am

To avoid problems with refreshing AI, I've gotten in the habit of starting FS with AI at 0%. I do other preflight stuff until the weather has updated and loaded, which can be a few minutes depending on your weather add-on, system resources, etc. Once the weather has definitely loaded I will set the altimeter and then set the AI to the desired percentage. Then I start PF3. There are different ways of doing it but this seems to work well (I guess we each have our own routines).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:07 am

Dan77 wrote:
To avoid problems with refreshing AI, I've gotten in the habit of starting FS with AI at 0%. I do other preflight stuff until the weather has updated and loaded, which can be a few minutes depending on your weather add-on, system resources, etc. Once the weather has definitely loaded I will set the altimeter and then set the AI to the desired percentage. Then I start PF3. There are different ways of doing it but this seems to work well (I guess we each have our own routines).
For me the weather is the critical factor. I don't let PF3 anywhere near the sim until the weather has updated and fully loaded. Then there is a good chance of everybody singing from the same hymn sheet.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:08 am
Site Admin

mach2000 wrote:

Well at that precise moment I can assure you PF3 detected an AI aircraft using 33R. We don't actually look to see where an aircraft is or which way it is facing, we simply use the AI data table provided by FSUIPC and this shows the actual runway assigned to each aircraft. When PF3 first checked (when you selected ATIS) 15L was detected.

I can't explain why this should happen, all we can do is use the information available to us at the time

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 6  [ 52 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: