OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Chosen Runway for takeoff

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 4 of 6  [ 52 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
benjoglove
Post subject: Re: Chosen Runway for takeoff
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:15 am

Dan77 wrote:
benjoglove wrote:
Reading the manual could this have something to do with it?
Pause Mode - this determines the distance from either the FAF, runway or
your destination airport you would like to pause FS/PF3.
I don't think the pause feature is the cause, and yes, if you have it set to 0 it is off.
So what is the cause?

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 am

benjoglove wrote:
Okay I just reversed my flights YPAD - YMML as I thought it maybe YPAD causing the issues. But once again, get clearance, correct descent into YMML. As soon as I land once again silence. No comms from PF3 whatsoever. What is going on? Not worth having the program if this issue isn't fixed. Logs are attached of recent flight.
18-Mar-16 2:48:53 PM: 500 - Connection OFF! #3
                           END of LOOP......
18-Mar-16 2:48:53 PM: 700 - PF Loop Exited due to FS Disconnected!
18-Mar-16 2:48:53 PM: 700 - ****** PF3 Disconnected from FS
18-Mar-16 2:48:53 PM: 700 - Turn Connection flag OFF
This is not a simple "Pause" of FS, but the connection is lost.
Why do you think FS is on Pause? Does the red/white bar show that it is in Pause mode?

I know that FSUIPC4 can enable Pause after an aircraft crash (not FS crash). YMML's elevation is 434, the log shows "Plane_Alt: 442" with a distance of 9 miles to the airport. Did you watch the screen all the time? Did the plane crash into the ground?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:01 am
Site Admin

benjoglove wrote:
Dan77 wrote:
benjoglove wrote:
Reading the manual could this have something to do with it?
Pause Mode - this determines the distance from either the FAF, runway or
your destination airport you would like to pause FS/PF3.
I don't think the pause feature is the cause, and yes, if you have it set to 0 it is off.
So what is the cause?
I am looking into it. I WILL look into every issue raised here on the forum or via by email and they will ALL be addressed at some point. I'm afraid I can't give anyone a time frame but PF3 is and will continue to be a work-in-progress project. You won't have to wait months or years for the next version and I will release updates on a fairly regular basis, via our Auto Updates mechanism, which is what it was designed for.

So please keep the comments coming but I would also ask you to bear with us from time to time as some issue can take a little longer than others and there's only one of me! I know it can be frustrating at times and for that I apologise.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:51 am

ThomasAH wrote:
benjoglove wrote:
Okay I just reversed my flights YPAD - YMML as I thought it maybe YPAD causing the issues. But once again, get clearance, correct descent into YMML. As soon as I land once again silence. No comms from PF3 whatsoever. What is going on? Not worth having the program if this issue isn't fixed. Logs are attached of recent flight.
18-Mar-16 2:48:53 PM: 500 - Connection OFF! #3
                           END of LOOP......
18-Mar-16 2:48:53 PM: 700 - PF Loop Exited due to FS Disconnected!
18-Mar-16 2:48:53 PM: 700 - ****** PF3 Disconnected from FS
18-Mar-16 2:48:53 PM: 700 - Turn Connection flag OFF
This is not a simple "Pause" of FS, but the connection is lost.
Why do you think FS is on Pause? Does the red/white bar show that it is in Pause mode?

I know that FSUIPC4 can enable Pause after an aircraft crash (not FS crash). YMML's elevation is 434, the log shows "Plane_Alt: 442" with a distance of 9 miles to the airport. Did you watch the screen all the time? Did the plane crash into the ground?
Thats weird. Plane landed normally with no crashes whatsoever. I have crash disabled. Plane was in ils mode and landed right on the money so not sure why this is happening. There were no pauses either.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:17 am

benjoglove wrote:
Thats weird. Plane landed normally with no crashes whatsoever. I have crash disabled. Plane was in ils mode and landed right on the money so not sure why this is happening. There were no pauses either.
Ah, I thought you said that FS paused, but I misread that.
Additionally I misread the log, it was 9 miles from the FAF and 0.28 miles from the airport, so yes, right on the runway.

Maybe FS and PF3 disconnecting from each other are just a symptom of a different problem?

I found "Err: 20001 - User selected cancel. - Erl: 1FE" in your DBRebuild.log, maybe PF3's database of things is only half-available. Can you try rebuilding it?

Edit:
In old_debug_monitor.log I found another error message:
18-Mar-16 12:19:48 PM: 100 - Error: 6 - Overflow at C8 in SubRealChatter
Not sure what that means, but it happened right before landing.

Edit2: I have the SubRealChatter error message in many of my own logs and I don't have the problems you have, so I think we can ignore that.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:40 am

ThomasAH wrote:
benjoglove wrote:
Ah, I thought you said that FS paused, but I misread that.
Additionally I misread the log, it was 9 miles from the FAF and 0.28 miles from the airport, so yes, right on the runway.

Maybe FS and PF3 disconnecting from each other are just a symptom of a different problem?

I found "Err: 20001 - User selected cancel. - Erl: 1FE" in your DBRebuild.log, maybe PF3's database of things is only half-available. Can you try rebuilding it?

Edit:
In old_debug_monitor.log I found another error message:
18-Mar-16 12:19:48 PM: 100 - Error: 6 - Overflow at C8 in SubRealChatter
Not sure what that means, but it happened right before landing.

Edit2: I have the SubRealChatter error message in many of my own logs and I don't have the problems you have, so I think we can ignore that.
Appreciate the help will try and rebuild tomorrow and see how we go. Could it be a fsuipc issue?

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:53 am

benjoglove wrote:
Could it be a fsuipc issue?
Could be, but probably not. But I'd recommend updating to the current FSUIPC version: You have 4.923, current is 4.949.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:44 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
benjoglove wrote:
Could it be a fsuipc issue?
Could be, but probably not. But I'd recommend updating to the current FSUIPC version: You have 4.923, current is 4.949.
Ok thanks. I have fdc and fsc9 running aswell and they work fine even after landing. If fsx was pausing or crashing you would think they would disconnect too?!

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:52 pm

.[/quote]
I don't think the pause feature is the cause, and yes, if you have it set to 0 it is off.[/quote]

So what is the cause?[/quote]
I am looking into it. I WILL look into every issue raised here on the forum or via by email and they will ALL be addressed at some point. I'm afraid I can't give anyone a time frame but PF3 is and will continue to be a work-in-progress project. You won't have to wait months or years for the next version and I will release updates on a fairly regular basis, via our Auto Updates mechanism, which is what it was designed for.

So please keep the comments coming but I would also ask you to bear with us from time to time as some issue can take a little longer than others and there's only one of me! I know it can be frustrating at times and for that I apologise.[/quote]

All good Dave! That's why these forums are great because everyone can have input and try to resolve issues on your behalf even if the issues make you pull your hair out!

Ive just updated fsuic and rebuilt database and doing a new flight. Fingers crossed. Cant work out whats disconnecting fs if the other programs are still working and not disconnecting. It then comes back to why fs and pf3 are disconnecting each other.

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:25 am

UPDATE:

Okay so updated FSUIPC and rebuilt the database. Flew from YPAD to YMML.

Once again got vectored in and landed. No ATC after this. I decided to taxi in to a gate on the other side of YMML. As I was being directed to the gate by GSX Follow me car all of the sudden PF3 began talking about changing flight heading and expect rwy 16???????????? I have no idea on what is happening.

New logs attached.

Attachments
Logs.zip
(655.89 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 6  [ 52 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: