OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Chosen Runway for takeoff

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 6  [ 52 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
benjoglove
Post subject: Chosen Runway for takeoff
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:59 am

Hi,

Just purchased PF3 and impressed with the upgrades!

Wondering if you can help with a frustrating issue. I create a flight plan in FSC9 from YMML to YPAD leaving from Rwy 16. Problem is every time PF3 wants to send me to Rwy 34 for takeoff. Is there a way around this to get preferred runway??

Wouldn't make sense to take off Rwy 34 then turn 180 degrees to get onto flight plan. Cheers.
[ attachment ]
Untitled.jpg (307.05 KiB) Viewed 3383 times

Profile Quote
pschlute
Post subject: Re: Chosen Runway for takeoff
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:31 am

Use the Ctrl-Shift-W key combination to request a different runway from Ground. If the Taxi guidance system is active at the time you need to turn it off first by pressing the key 1

If the winds are such that runway 34 is in use, all aircraft will use that runway for takeoff even if they are heading south. Aircraft don't get to choose a takeoff runway depending on flightplan direction. They would either be vectored by ATC or told to fly a published SID to get them on course after takeoff.

Your map shows HORSH intersection as your first waypoint. HORSH is part of a SID for but only if taking off from runway 16. So it shouldnt be in your flightplan unless you are using that runway.

Peter

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:43 am

pschlute wrote:
Use the Ctrl-Shift-W key combination to request a different runway from Ground. If the Taxi guidance system is active at the time you need to turn it off first by pressing the key 1

If the winds are such that runway 34 is in use, all aircraft will use that runway for takeoff even if they are heading south. Aircraft don't get to choose a takeoff runway depending on flightplan direction. They would either be vectored by ATC or told to fly a published SID to get them on course after takeoff.

Your map shows HORSH intersection as your first waypoint. HORSH is part of a SID for but only if taking off from runway 16. So it shouldnt be in your flightplan unless you are using that runway.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have set it to use runway 16 in FSC so that would be why HORSH is there. All AI planes are being set to rwy 16. I seem to be the only one that's not so thats why Im confused as to why I am the only one.

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:43 am

benjoglove wrote:

All AI planes are being set to rwy 16. I seem to be the only one that's not so thats why Im confused as to why I am the only one.
That is very odd. PF3 looks first at AI traffic to determine which runway to assign you. If no traffic is active it will use the wind direction to determine.

PF3 should have used 16 also, you have not "closed" the runway in PF3 options have you?

If you are using a weather engine, I suggest ensuring it is updating and then refresh AI aircraft before connecting PF3. I often find that when I first load the sim it can take a minute or so for the weather engine to update, and in the meantime AI aircraft will start to taxi to the "active" runway based on a no-wind scenario. It can take a while for this to correct. If in the meantime you connect to PF3 at a moment where there is no AI movement it will determine runway use based on the wind even though previous traffic have been using a different runway. Refreshing AI traffic once your weather engine is online keeps everything in sync.

Peter

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:30 am

If I am using a weather engine I always force it to update in the sim first before connecting PF3. Then everything is singing from the same hymn sheet as it were.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:41 am

Very interesting thanks. I am using REX Essential Plus Overdrive but only just a beginner with that software. How do we update all the weather engine before connecting to PF3 and I will try it and see how we go.

All runways are open.

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:44 pm

benjoglove wrote:
Very interesting thanks. I am using REX Essential Plus Overdrive but only just a beginner with that software. How do we update all the weather engine before connecting to PF3 and I will try it and see how we go.

All runways are open.
Well, on my weather engine I have an option to "update now". You should have something similar.If not you'll have to wait.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Yes my procedure is to start the weather engine first, then start the sim and load my aircraft. When the weather engine has updated I pause the sim and advance the time setting to 8x then immediately back to 1x. This refreshes all the AI aircraft. i find this more reliable than using the "refresh AI" button that the weather program has.

Peter

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:17 am

Hi all,

I have tried all your suggestions with no luck, it still gives me rwy 34. Any other ideas?

Profile Quote
benjoglove
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:04 am

Ok just playing around further when AI aircraft initiate on loading of fsx ie there are other AI planes using comms then I get instructed to Rwy 16. I get Rwy 34 when i dont here any AI aircraft communicating. What would cause it being so intermittent? I use My traffic. Thanks.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 6  [ 52 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: