OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No sound in P3D v3.1

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
awebneck
Post subject: No sound in P3D v3.1
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:17 pm

When attempting to use PF3 with P3d v3.1, I cannot seem to get any audio from PF3 at all. The closed captioning indicates that the hotkey messages are being received and understood, and all other audio works - even when adjusting the pilot's voice options in PF3, I hear the sample sounds without issue even if P3D is itself running. However, when having P3D focused, no sounds are played for either the pilot or ATC. I've tried with and without closed captioning and with all 4 levels of VCP, with no results. Would very much appreciate some help in this regard. :)

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(12.79 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

Profile Quote
awebneck
Post subject: Re: No sound in P3D v3.1
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:35 am

Have now tried a uninstalling and reinstalling, running with no other plugins (except latest version of FSUIPC), several different aircraft, several different flightplans, several different airports. Under no circumstances is any audio heard from PF3, though again, the closed captioning indicates it is otherwise working as expected, and all other P3D audio plays as expected.

Profile Quote
MaVe_64
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:16 am

Same problem here on a networked PC and FSX SE.
@awebneck The sound is generated by the PF3 program, not P3D. So the P3D settings are not the problem.
Even the error sound when you click on "Check for updates" in the demo ("NOT available in DEMO mode") is silent.
Seems if PF3 can't find the sound card... I also reinstalled etc.

[ img ]
MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:02 am

Off the top of my head I would say that your sound setup doesn't allow for an "external" sourse when running your sim. In your next post attach a log so that we can see if PF3 is generating messages. And therefore wanting to say something. Something on your system is blocking it possibly. Try reconfiguring your sim sound setup.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:20 am
Site Admin

MaVe_64 wrote:
@awebneck The sound is generated by the PF3 program, not P3D. So the P3D settings are not the problem.
Even the error sound when you click on "Check for updates" in the demo ("NOT available in DEMO mode") is silent.
You're missing DirectX for Managed Code runtimes... you can download and install from HERE

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:20 am
Site Admin

awebneck wrote:
When attempting to use PF3 with P3d v3.1, I cannot seem to get any audio from PF3 at all. The closed captioning indicates that the hotkey messages are being received and understood, and all other audio works - even when adjusting the pilot's voice options in PF3, I hear the sample sounds without issue even if P3D is itself running. However, when having P3D focused, no sounds are played for either the pilot or ATC. I've tried with and without closed captioning and with all 4 levels of VCP, with no results. Would very much appreciate some help in this regard. :)
You're missing DirectX for Managed Code runtimes... you can download and install from HERE

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MaVe_64
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:49 am

dmarch wrote:
MaVe_64 wrote:
Thanks! That helped! :D

[ img ]
MaVe Creations - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!
www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: