OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Not a great landing

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
helix1250
Post subject: Not a great landing
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:36 pm

Good evening everyone,

If possible could some one check my logs, I had a strange flight and was passed from one runway to another on approach.

I took a flight from LFST to LOWI and the flight was okay, I wasn't passed off to tower at LFST but I just selected to tune to tower and tell them I was fully ready for departure. The decent in to LOWI was a bit of a mine field, given the weather I was looking at a Rwy 08 arrival, as I was descending I was switched to Rwy 23, two mins later I was back on 08 and it swapped a couple of times as far as I recall.

I then decided given the weather to opt for the Rwy 08 landing and requested vectors, which I was told was not possible at this time, or something to those words anyway. SO I self positioned and never heard a peep from approach at all, I took the bold move and landed and vacated the runway as I could se not other aircraft on the ground and TCAS.

I exited the runway and then contacted tower who told me to taxi to gate and there my flight ended. I am guessing that I have done something wrong as I have no idea why the runways swapped given the wind direction for the flight which was LOWI 042120Z VRB08KT CAVOK 06/M06 Q0999 NOSIG.

I hope that someone can spot the errors of my ways :)

Regards Rob

Attachments
Logs.zip
(407.46 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Not a great landing
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:16 pm

helix1250 wrote:
Good evening everyone,

If possible could some one check my logs, I had a strange flight and was passed from one runway to another on approach.

I took a flight from LFST to LOWI and the flight was okay, I wasn't passed off to tower at LFST but I just selected to tune to tower and tell them I was fully ready for departure. The decent in to LOWI was a bit of a mine field, given the weather I was looking at a Rwy 08 arrival, as I was descending I was switched to Rwy 23, two mins later I was back on 08 and it swapped a couple of times as far as I recall.

I then decided given the weather to opt for the Rwy 08 landing and requested vectors, which I was told was not possible at this time, or something to those words anyway. SO I self positioned and never heard a peep from approach at all, I took the bold move and landed and vacated the runway as I could se not other aircraft on the ground and TCAS.

I exited the runway and then contacted tower who told me to taxi to gate and there my flight ended. I am guessing that I have done something wrong as I have no idea why the runways swapped given the wind direction for the flight which was LOWI 042120Z VRB08KT CAVOK 06/M06 Q0999 NOSIG.

I hope that someone can spot the errors of my ways :)

Regards Rob
my first thought is that your weather engine manufactured a crosswind so was going from one runway to the other. Crosswinds confuse the AI big time and then PF3 which looks at who is on the runway and in which direction they are facing. Try the same flight either with default weather of at least a more consistant wind. In the mean time if anything shows up in your logs it will be dealt with. I'm putting together a video of LIPZ-->LOWI which will demonstrate a nice feature of PF3 that of descending you while still holding! Next week sometime.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:54 am

Hi vololiberista,

After posting last night I did think the wind being irratic with direction might have been a huge factor. And I'll be flying the same route tonight, sad as this might sound it was my first flight into LOWI last night. So I'm hopping for an improvement on my part :D . I would love to see that video once done, where do you post them or a link to them if I may ask.

Regards Rob

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:04 am

helix1250 wrote:
Hi vololiberista,

After posting last night I did think the wind being irratic with direction might have been a huge factor. And I'll be flying the same route tonight, sad as this might sound it was my first flight into LOWI last night. So I'm hopping for an improvement on my part :D . I would love to see that video once done, where do you post them or a link to them if I may ask.

Regards Rob
You'll see the link on this forum.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:07 am

Great I'll watch out for it vololiberista :)

Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:20 am
Site Admin

Rob,

Wind direction for that flight was changing faster than my credit card balance when my wife is on a shopping spree! :lol:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:41 pm

Evening everyone, :) Yes its me again :roll:

@Dave I know how that Credit card balance fluctuation feels only to well, I guess its a cross we will have to bare ;)

Well I did the same flight as last night, I do feel the weather is the major issue with runway swaps. Tonight I had wind going from 0 to 080 degrees all the way to LOWI. Only to get a runway swap to 26 as the wind has switched to 223 @ 3 knts. So I accept that the weather is the fluctuating factor last night.

One thing I noticed to night that I though occurred last night but wasn't sure was this. as I was approaching MADEB I was requested to drop down to FL150, I was then switched to my next frequency and my VCP reported I was descending from FL155 to FL140! I was not given any decent by ATC to FL140. I know it was in my flight plan but I was never cleared to it.

The next clearance was my error I was cleared to FL110 at ELMEM when I should have amended as per the charts to FL130 as shown in my charts and FMS flight plan.

I would be interested to know if you find anything with the not authorised decent however, I will zip my flight plan and the debug log for you to have a look at :)

Regards Rob

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(331.8 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: