OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC not giving descent instructions after a certain point

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 5  [ 42 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
martinlest
Post subject: Re: ATC not giving descent instructions after a certain poin
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:07 pm

The project is still updated from time to time I think... Enjoy! :-)

Profile Quote
regis902
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:53 pm

I had the same issue today flying into KDFW, logs attached.

I did use some time acceleration, but keeping a close watch on the nav display I did not appear to miss any waypoints as far as I can tell.

This lack of descent issue happens for me on most flights and is the one thing keeping me from being completely happy with PF3, all the rest is great. Hopefully a solution for this can be found.

Attachments
logs (1).zip
(438.73 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:51 pm
Site Admin

regis902 wrote:
I had the same issue today flying into KDFW, logs attached.

I did use some time acceleration, but keeping a close watch on the nav display I did not appear to miss any waypoints as far as I can tell.

This lack of descent issue happens for me on most flights and is the one thing keeping me from being completely happy with PF3, all the rest is great. Hopefully a solution for this can be found.
Well you certainly seemed to have an interesting flight. When you were 103 miles from TYPTN (your 12th waypoint of 18) you hit terra firma! :shock:

You also requested a lot of altitude changes... from 34,000 to 37,000, from 24,000 to 23,000, from 23,000 to 17,000, from 17,000 to 13,000, from 14,000 to 10,000, from 11,000 to 8000 and from 9,000 to 5,000. All within a time period of 13 minutes and 100+ miles from your destination! :o

It then looks like P3D either crashed or you closed it down without first disconnecting PF3 :(

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
regis902
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Thanks for the response Dave. My thoughts/comments are below:
dmarch wrote:
Well you certainly seemed to have an interesting flight. When you were 103 miles from TYPTN (your 12th waypoint of 18) you hit terra firma! :shock:
That would have been my landing at KDFW RW17L, that distance from TYPTN is about right and my landing was the only time I touched down after take off.
dmarch wrote:
You also requested a lot of altitude changes... from 34,000 to 37,000, from 24,000 to 23,000, from 23,000 to 17,000, from 17,000 to 13,000, from 14,000 to 10,000, from 11,000 to 8000 and from 9,000 to 5,000. All within a time period of 13 minutes and 100+ miles from your destination! :o
Assuming 34,000 to 37,000 is a typo or in reverse, (I didn't request any cruise altitude increases), the other altitude requests were me trying to step my aircraft down as per the STAR I was following (DEBBB2). I only made these requests because PF3 did not issue descent clearances. I did input the STAR altitudes into PF3 using the altitude adjustment option, so PF3 in theory should have known what altitudes I wanted to be at for each waypoint on the STAR.
dmarch wrote:
It then looks like P3D either crashed or you closed it down without first disconnecting PF3 :(
I did forget to disconnect PF3 before shutting P3D down, but that was long after I had landed and taxied to the gate on my own.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 am
Site Admin

Thanks for that... I guess I need to delve into your log again... Interesting.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:34 pm
Site Admin

regis902 wrote:
Thanks for the response Dave. My thoughts/comments are below:
dmarch wrote:
That would have been my landing at KDFW RW17L, that distance from TYPTN is about right and my landing was the only time I touched down after take off.
dmarch wrote:
Assuming 34,000 to 37,000 is a typo or in reverse, (I didn't request any cruise altitude increases), the other altitude requests were me trying to step my aircraft down as per the STAR I was following (DEBBB2). I only made these requests because PF3 did not issue descent clearances. I did input the STAR altitudes into PF3 using the altitude adjustment option, so PF3 in theory should have known what altitudes I wanted to be at for each waypoint on the STAR.
dmarch wrote:
I did forget to disconnect PF3 before shutting P3D down, but that was long after I had landed and taxied to the gate on my own.
Ah right, I think I can see why things went amiss... this has already been addressed and will be in the next maintenance release which should be the end of the week.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnan
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:25 pm

I too seem to have the lack of descent instructions when approaching the destination, so I am glad to hear an anomaly has been identified!
Great program though, love it.

Profile Quote
regis902
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Good to hear, looking forward to it

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:27 am

I had a flight from EGKK to EGPH last night, I had ATC but was handed off the Essex Radar, who responded to my check in, but then nothing else! I checked the display tool for a list of commands I can use on the current frequency, which was none.

I looked at the say again window of last commands and the last entry was was Essex Radar confirming contact with my call sign.

Sadly I don't have any logs, I restarted my sim after my flight as I purchased MCE yesterday and wanted to test the commands out

Just thought I would mention that there maybe something a little strange occurring.

Regards Rob

Opps, just read above, this might be fixed then in the next update :)

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:45 am

helix1250 wrote:
I had a flight from EGKK to EGPH last night, I had ATC but was handed off the Essex Radar, who responded to my check in, but then nothing else! I checked the display tool for a list of commands I can use on the current frequency, which was none.

I looked at the say again window of last commands and the last entry was was Essex Radar confirming contact with my call sign.

Sadly I don't have any logs, I restarted my sim after my flight as I purchased MCE yesterday and wanted to test the commands out

Just thought I would mention that there maybe something a little strange occurring.

Regards Rob

Opps, just read above, this might be fixed then in the next update :)
Repeat your flight exactly and if the same problem occurs report it here with the attached logs. Just to be sure in case any future update dosn't address your precise problem.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 5  [ 42 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Jump to: