OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC not giving descent instructions after a certain point

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 5  [ 42 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
martinlest
Post subject: ATC not giving descent instructions after a certain point
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:50 pm

As this is not a one-off, I'd really like to find out what the problem is and how to solve it.

ATC seems to be working quite happily and starts to bring me down towards the destination. But at 50nm from the airport I am still at FL270: ATC seems to have forgotten me. I thought that PF3 wasn't finding the correct frequency - but If I press '0' to check in, ATC acknowledges me, but doesn't request I descend further and I end up either just doing my own thing in order to land or I just continue - flying over the airport at FL270 (or whatever) to see what happens. Well, nothing.

Any ideas? The flight plan itself is just fine and in any case, this problem isn't restricted to any particular plan.

Thank you.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: ATC not giving descent instructions after a certain poin
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:15 pm

First, be sure you are running the most recent version of PF3. On the main PF3 screen, click "Check for Updates" to be sure you have the latest version, as the descent profiles were adjusted a bit in the most recent update. If the problem persists, zip and post your log file (see the "Problem Reporting" sticky post for details).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:53 pm

I checked earlier today, I have 3.0.3, still reported at the latest.

The next time I get this, I'll send the log. Probably not an issue with PF3 per se but with the data it's getting. Nonetheless...

Thanks.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:24 am

Same thing next flight. Cleared to FL270, then nothing for a long time. Cleared to FL150 close to the airport. Kept going as maybe I would be asked to descend as I approached from the other side of the airport, landing that side. But no, flew over the airport at 15000'. Tried changing the frequency myself after a while as ATC seemed to have gone dead.. no more AI chat: but I never managed to get ATC back. I ended up still at 15000' 30 miles past the airport and ATC still totally quiet. My a/c (separate issue of course) refused to capture localiser/GS and in frustration I just closed FS. Hate it when longish flights end like this - I go to bed in a really bad mood!

Will post the debug_monitor log. Something is set up wrong for this to keep happening. Love to know exactly where things start to go awry and if it is somehow my fault - though I don't do anything during the flight until well after it becomes clear that ATC is 'offline' again!

M.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(647.76 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:27 am

I loaded you fpl and went to check it in FS9. Everytime I click on RCTP FS9 crashes. Even when the fpl is generated within FS9 itself. Obviously that's a sim issue and nothing to do with PF3. Strange nevertheless.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:43 am

Yes, I have found one or two airports which crash FS when you try to go to them - even FS9 default airports. Can't remember which at the moment, but RCTP is fine (I have all the Taiwan Scenery Project from the AVSIM library for Taiwan).
My flight plan was created (as are all of my 2000 or so) by FS Navigator. I can't see any reason for ATC to give up on me as I descend. But as I say, this has happened a number of times now, so it's surely not a flight plan problem per se.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:07 am
Site Admin

Martin,

Not too sure what's going on here other than once you reached SENNA you started flying away from COPRA :o

You were also using accelerated sim rate which officially I don't support. However, something could be amiss so I would like you to set your Debug level to '2' (Options #1 page) then let me have your logs again if you have a similar problem, the logs will give me a bit more information.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:34 am

martinlest wrote:
Yes, I have found one or two airports which crash FS when you try to go to them - even FS9 default airports. Can't remember which at the moment, but RCTP is fine (I have all the Taiwan Scenery Project from the AVSIM library for Taiwan).
My flight plan was created (as are all of my 2000 or so) by FS Navigator. I can't see any reason for ATC to give up on me as I descend. But as I say, this has happened a number of times now, so it's surely not a flight plan problem per se.
Just had a peep at avsim library 23 separate downloads needed for RCTP wow!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:52 am

OK, will set debug level and see if I get the problem again.

Yes, Taiwan scenery is quite download intensive. I actually don't use their version of Taipei airport as I have a better one, but flying around Taiwan is prety nice, VFR, with all that installed.

Profile Quote
pschlute
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:55 am

vololiberista wrote:
martinlest wrote:
Just had a peep at avsim library 23 separate downloads needed for RCTP wow!
24 I have !

Installing it all is an arduous process as it involves replacing stock FS9 scenery files, but it is worth it as you get about 15 Taiwan airports including a very good rendition of RCTP.

Peter

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 5  [ 42 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
Jump to: