OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC not giving descent instructions after a certain point

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 5  [ 42 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: ATC not giving descent instructions after a certain poin
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:50 am

helix1250 wrote:
Sadly I don't have any logs, I restarted my sim after my flight as I purchased MCE yesterday and wanted to test the commands out.
Hi Rob,
I also consider to purchase MCE for the PF3-interaction.
Would you be so kind to share your experience here (in it's own thread)?
Regards
Ralf

@ the Moderators: I hope this does not get in conflict with your no-advertising-of-other-products-policy. If it does please delete my post, let me know and accept my apologies. I think this is more about the options PF3 offers than advertising another product. Thank you.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:52 am
Site Admin

RALF9636 wrote:
helix1250 wrote:
Sadly I don't have any logs, I restarted my sim after my flight as I purchased MCE yesterday and wanted to test the commands out.
Hi Rob,
I also consider to purchase MCE for the PF3-interaction.
Would you be so kind to share your experience here (in it's own thread)?
Regards
Ralf

@ the Moderators: I hope this does not get in conflict with your no-advertising-of-other-products-policy. If it does please delete my post, let me know and accept my apologies. I think this is more about the options PF3 offers than advertising another product. Thank you.
No problem at all Ralf, thanks for asking though.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:20 am

Hi Ralf,

Thank you Dave for letting me share my impressions of MCE :)

After using PF3 for a few days I decided to turn to MCE for voice control, voice control was something I was used to with VoxATC.

So after seeing MCE was updated I gave it a try, installation was simple and the only hitch I had was a button on my joke was always reading as in the on switch state and setup wouldn't let me change it. A quick message to support and 10 mins later I had that sorted. It was a simple edit to a ini file.

I ran through the voice speech training and gave MCE and PF3 a try, I have to say that the two work flawlessly. The only thing that takes a bit of getting used to is when you make a call for ATC you have to get the trigger words in the sentence. For example; "Ground, skyeyes 459, now ready for taxi" the trigger words are "Ground" and "Ready to Taxi" the next you know your getting taxi clearance and route.

The options of sentences and how they can be mixed up to gain clearance Etc is amazing! There's loads to learn and I have only just started, plus it's easy to create and edit check lists and scripts so that your FO can do some of the graft for aircraft setup and things during flight.

Most of your time will be spent learning how many ways you get your FO do stuff, so far I have asked my FO in ten different ways to raise the landing gear and Flaps. All have worked, I am guessing as long as you get the right trigger words it will work :)

I forgot to mention that GSX works perfectly as well via voice and I believe AES does as well!

I would recommend trying the trial and test it :) if you want a copy of the manuals and trust me there's a tonne of them covering commands etc I would be happy to zip them up and put them on my Dropbox for you to look at, just let me know :)

PF3 and MCE both get a massive thumbs up from me, I love them both :)

Hope that helps in some way Ralf.

Regards Rob

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Rob,

Have you run vPilot since installing MCE? Are you able to use the same mic and has your MCE calibration affected voice on vPilot? I'm interested to know if it has affected your online setup at all.

Edit: Maybe we should split this topic off as it's drifted from the original post.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:44 pm

Dan77 wrote:

Edit: Maybe we should split this topic off as it's drifted from the original post.
I opened a new thread "PF3 with MCE".

[ img ]

Profile Quote
regis902
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:48 pm

I flew today using version 3.1.0 and no luck. Although in this case PF3 stopped responding to commands altogether when it came time for descent so perhaps it's a different issue. Logs attached.

Attachments
logs1.zip
(557.34 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:57 pm

3/13/2016 4:01:19 PM: 610 - ****** Reached TOD ******
3/13/2016 4:01:19 PM: 610 - BPT: 0
3/13/2016 4:01:19 PM: 610 - ****** ERROR ****** 9 in GetNextWaypoint at Loc: D20
3/13/2016 4:01:19 PM: 730 - ****** Fatal Error Detected!

****** Unable to continue... Report Error Displayed!
It seems you did not see the error display, but as there is a clear error message I'm sure Dave can find a solution for this.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
regis902
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks, i was away from the computer for a bit so that must have happened while i was away

Profile Quote
helix1250
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:41 am

Dan77 wrote:
Rob,

Have you run vPilot since installing MCE? Are you able to use the same mic and has your MCE calibration affected voice on vPilot? I'm interested to know if it has affected your online setup at all.

Sorry for the late reply Dan I've been flat stick recently :(

Anyway tested with Vpilot and it seems to work fine and hasn't been affect by me using MCE :)

Rob

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:23 pm

No problems, but yes, to get back to my original post, I am still getting this problem.. today ATC got me down to 8000' and that was it. As I intercepted the localizer, they told me to descend on the ILS from 8000' (to about 200').. unless I just fall out of the sky, not doable!

I have submitted a copy of the log for that flight...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 5  [ 42 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Jump to: