OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Resume Flight

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
WWTowers
Post subject: Resume Flight
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:02 pm

I've had several flights now that I have had to stop because of the time it took to complete them. I saved the flight in FS9 and when I started PF3 at my next flight session PF3 did not give me an opportunity to "Resume Flight". I have to start the flight all over again. I am able to go to the departure frequency, check-in, warp to my last waypoint and after a bit of ATC talk, PF3 finds me and all is well again until I have to stop the next time (some flight last more than 12 hours).

Did I miss putting a check or a twek somewhere or does PF3 just like screwing with me?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Resume Flight
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:41 pm
Site Admin

WWTowers wrote:
I've had several flights now that I have had to stop because of the time it took to complete them. I saved the flight in FS9 and when I started PF3 at my next flight session PF3 did not give me an opportunity to "Resume Flight". I have to start the flight all over again. I am able to go to the departure frequency, check-in, warp to my last waypoint and after a bit of ATC talk, PF3 finds me and all is well again until I have to stop the next time (some flight last more than 12 hours).

Did I miss putting a check or a twek somewhere or does PF3 just like screwing with me?
You need to turn that option ON in PF3 Options #1 'Save restart data'

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
WWTowers
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:19 pm

I do have it checked (X). I also checked the config file and it shows RestartSave=1 RestartInterval=1.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:22 pm
Site Admin

Had you done any other flight since stopping the saved one?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
WWTowers
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:28 pm

No other flights, although. after stopping & saving FS9 and exiting PF3, I did use FS9 to do some AFCAD and scenery work at a few airports. I did not restart PF3. Tomorrow (3/5) I will resume my flight from EINN to KJFK and will let you know if PF3 resumed as designed.

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:07 pm

You have to make PF3 think it crashed, so just kill it from the task manager. Do not use the normal close button.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
WWTowers
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:12 pm

No luck...the flight didn't resume. When I stop today I'll try ThomasAH's tip to make PF3 think it crashed.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:48 pm
Site Admin

ThomasAH wrote:
You have to make PF3 think it crashed, so just kill it from the task manager. Do not use the normal close button.
Thanks Thomas, of course you are correct... I forgot that :oops:

If you exit PF3 normally any restart data is deleted so next time you start PF3 the resume feature will not kick in.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:49 pm

ThomasAH wrote:
I have had the same problem as the OP several times when trying to resume a flight. Though sometimes it worked like described in the manual. So I wondered what the correct procedure on closing the the flight you want to resume later would be. First close the sim then PF3? Or vice versa? Disconnect PF3 first or not?

Now you say the only way to make PF3 resume a flight is to close it via task manager. So do I understand that correctly: I cannot resume the flight when I close PF with the close button or disconnect it first?

Apart from that: Couldn't the restore data be saved securely in some place so that the user can resume the flight any time he likes? Without losing all the data when opening PF3 without the resume option? That would be much more convenient. As it is now it seems quite tricky not to lose the restore data by accident.

Thanks!

Ralf

Edit: Hadn't read your last post when writing this. My last remark is still relevant though.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:54 pm
Site Admin

RALF9636 wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:
I have had the same problem as the OP several times when trying to resume a flight. Though sometimes it worked like described in the manual. So I wondered what the correct procedure on closing the the flight you want to resume later would be. First close the sim then PF3? Or vice versa? Disconnect PF3 first or not?

Now you say the only way to make PF3 resume a flight is to close it via task manager. So do I understand that correctly: I cannot resume the flight when I close PF with the close button or disconnect it first?

Apart from that: Couldn't the restore data be saved securely in some place so that the user can resume the flight any time he likes? Without losing all the data when opening PF3 without the resume option? That would be much more convenient. As it is now it seems quite tricky not to lose the restore data by accident.

Thanks!

Ralf

Edit: Hadn't read your last post when writing this.
Well the feature is there simply to give you the opportunity to resume a flight if FS or PF3 crashes. If you exit PF3 using the Exit button it assumes IT hasn't crashed. I will add your suggestion to my list of things to consider, but it is a 'consider only' list and doesn't come with any promises! ;)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: